What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 1981 I was in a pub near Chalfont St Giles with a mate on a night when they were promoting Sam Smiths Old Brewery Bitter at 25p a pint.

I gave the barman a fiver and asked him to keep pulling the pints until we fell over!

It was an unfortunate evening for my mate 'cos he was driving and it was an unfortunate morning for me the next day because I wasn't!:gulp:Happy Days!:wave:

on the back of reading a thread on here, I popped into Morrisons last night and had a Mann brown ale, at 2.8% very sessionalble, and indeed I did enjoy it.

First beer since last Friday.. (went to a beer festival in Dover Friday - spent weekend recovering). Tonight is Marlon's Pride - my take on London pride. Bit pale in colour, because I used a pale Maris Otter base, but tastes very nice. Maybe a tad better than the original - though I say so myself...! Little bit too cold as the keg is in the shed (2 degC max today).

Cheers

An early start today.

Attachments

• DSC_0345.JPG
    DSC_0345.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 53
Total domination ipa, tweaked clone. A very sessionable 4.8%. Probably the best brew I’ve done :beer6:

Started the evening with a Caledonian double hop...never again it just tennants lager with a dry hop...

On to a St. Peter ruby red, nice but...

Then these two

The grand cru has got to be the weirdest tasting beer I have ever tasted, take a nice oak aged red and sour it. Weird but very tasty....

The number 6 was as expected awesome, not as awesome as the 8 but pretty close.

No idea where next....

IMG_0173.JPG

24 hours late. Last night I had NE DIPAs from Cloudwater (Mosaic/Eukanot) and Verdant (Putty). Both very enjoyable but I slightly preferred the Verdant. I thought it had a slightly softer and fuller mouthfeel, and the Cloudwater actually had a slight alcohol taste to it. It was 8% but I was still a little surprised.

Couple of bottles of my brewdog jackhammer clone, it's a nice DIPA but not a patch on the real thing. A bottle of my proper job clone, the hops completely died in this so it's a nice light Ale but nothing like proper job. A centennial brown Ale I brewed ages ago, that's lovely, nutty, malty, lightly hopped, full bodied. A bottle of brewdog jackhammer, the daddy! And another, and maybe another later...

To start...the pint left over from bottling my gh Yorkshire bitter. This is very good...loads of flavour! High hopes for this!

No homebrew left, so it's a range of Thornbridge and Allendale beers tonight to accompany the chilli.

Happy drinking everyone :cheers:

I don’t usually have a drink on a Sunday but it’s been a tough couple of days (one of my best mates died in the early hours of Thursday morning) and my wife still had some of this weekend’s bottle of wine left so I’m having a beer to wind down.

My local Sainsbury was selling Eden Mill Weize Guy Roteweizen at £1.21 reduces to clear. I’m slightly disappointed that it seems to be filtered but it’s very nice. Maltier than a standard hefe but with some nice clove and banana flavours. I might stock up next time I’m in as my home brew is running low.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 53
Homebrew I bottled 361 days ago. Geordie Yorkshire shortbrewed to 15 litres that I threw a load of sultanas in like a dry hop and they swelled up back into big ugly things. I split it and did different dry hops. I was surprised that the galaxy is still madly forward and makes it taste like crushed up boiled sweets - almost artificially fruity with that edge of lavender. I liked it but it was a little too sweet for me but I could see it being a 9/10 for some people. The columbus was very much the same, sherberty but without the lavender.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back