What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracked my first bottle of my flying ace saison @ 4.7%. Not bad, very slight pepperiness to it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200815_175804071.jpg
    IMG_20200815_175804071.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 70
Should've taken photo, but I've had a 3 week old pimped Mad Millie Lager Kit, the 740ml bottle with about a quarter yeast in it (final bottling). It's a nice summery drink, with low bitterness. Just as well I added DME, Munich and Cascade to it, otherwise it'd be insipid fizzy water. Very good carbonation on this due to the volume of yeast in it and yet quite clear from the fridge. The other bottles are not quite rock solid yet and look even more clear. I can barely see any yeast in the dimples. That kveik seems to have cleared nicely but also compacted so well that it didn't provide enough at bottling. Well se in another week

Hmm 2 of these.....

IMG_20200815_160421_030[1].jpg

A cherry Chooffe, A Judas and well the night IS young.

Apologies if the pic is out of foucus, it is a Hazy Jane after all. 🙄
(Duopolis is better - but I've already drunk the 4 pack I bought a few days ago)

My flat as a witches tit wheat and now #1 Kveik...
I have a question to the learned forum members...
Why are Saisons so good?

It’s beer for all seasons. In hot summer weather I think about the dry crispness and in cold winter the peppery yeast character is warming. The best saisons (for me) are complex enough to be interesting and enticing to the bottom of the glass but simple enough to be approachable, it doesn’t feel like it’s trying too hard. They’re also not difficult to make, don’t need closed pressure transfers etc and don’t even need temperature control fermentation. My wife drinks some beer, and likes IPA but consistently has liked my saisons better than any other Homebrew I’ve made.

Steve...
Pick me three,easily available Belgian or those that you like...I still don't get it...
The really great ones probably aren't that easily available, well not from a supermarket at least, although I might be right in saying that Westmalle Tripel is available in some? But many are available easily online. I would suggest Orval, Rochefort (8 or 10 they're both great), and St Bernardus 12.

The really great ones probably aren't that easily available, well not from a supermarket at least, although I might be right in saying that Westmalle Tripel is available in some? But many are available easily online. I would suggest Orval, Rochefort (8 or 10 they're both great), and St Bernardus 12.
Ah...they sound familiar...in fact,last year when we visited Buckfast Abbey they had quite a selection of Trappist/Belgian..other stuff,beers..I was a bit overwhelmed really so didn't buy..I remember some were quite expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back