What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m finished for the week and have a four day week end so starting off with a pint of Landlord clone and will go from there.

Nice hoppy citra/mosaic IPA from the brewery that hosts HB club.
Although probably more of a APA at 4.5%
20200514_173335.jpg

finishing off a flyer hopped esb. two weeks in the bottle and its getting better. two more should be perfect.

im still getting a powdery taste from this one and another brew i did with belma hops. thinking it mighy be astringency from sparging too hot or too much?

I did mean to have a bit of variety tonight but onto pint number 3 of my Landlord Clone, their is still something to be said for a few pints of a session ale.

Wilko Lighthouse Keeper (4%)
Fermented With crossmyloof Voss Kveik

I first tried this after a week in the bottle and it was not bad but kind of mediocre another week (as it was brewed using Kveik wanted to see if it was drinkable already) has past and it has improved significantly. It has a pleasant if slightly tart flavour, I’m still of the view that I wouldn’t buy this kit again but I would now class it as better than an awful lot of commercial pale ales (although this may be teastment to the dire quality of some commercial micro breweries as it is not on par with a really good commercial pale ale), but at 50p a pint I‘m not complaining.
.F01F6C68-A067-49DE-9C4C-BC9A9124277E.jpeg

Had a delivery from Burning Sky today, I think it’s fair to say they’ve become my favourite brewery. A Nelson Sauvin pale ale tonight, really dank and resinous but dry and pleasantly bitter; hit the spot very nicely

Got a couple packs of punk ipa and elvis juice as the last homebrew wasn't to my taste ,it was the st.peters ruby red ale tasted one last night and was pretty undrinkable only been 2 weeks in bottle so I will give it an extra couple and see if that helps, disappointed with it though.

With the lawn finally cut its beer o'clock. Happy Friday everyone!
I don't often pick up a punk but I'm sure the last couple I've had have been better than usual.
acheers.
20200515_163839.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back