What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started with one of my European Pilseners ( Master Pint, dry hopped with Saaz ) that I bottled ten weeks ago,
IMG_20200830_180800256 (1).jpg

Then trying this West coast IPA from Bath Ales - hoppy hit ( Simcoe and Mosaic ) with limey zestiness and malty finish. Made with Barley,Wheat,Oats and Rye so it says.
IMG_20200831_201216649.jpg

Started with one of my European Pilseners ( Master Pint, dry hopped with Saaz ) that I bottled ten weeks ago,
View attachment 31890

Then trying this West coast IPA from Bath Ales - hoppy hit ( Simcoe and Mosaic ) with limey zestiness and malty finish. Made with Barley,Wheat,Oats and Rye so it says.
View attachment 31892
I had one of the lansdown in wales and it was delicious from the bottle, so I picked up a 4 pack of cans with a best before date of jul 2021. they are complete garbage, I have dumped 2 out of 4 so far. taste like cardboard crystal malt and no hops, completely oxidized. wonder if they have a crappy canning line? would love to get a hold of some more bottles.

Saison! This is the second time brewing with Idaho 7 and I am wondering if this is why my hoppy pilsner has a fusely taste as I get it from the saison too and I know this was fermented cool initially so fusels should be limited.

anyway lots of tropical with this one I think I see a new trend coming hoppy Saison!

20200901_190846.jpg

Whilst knocking up a lamb tikka vindaloo I've had Hazelwood Brewery bitter and now a GH dry stout out of my keg...the keg has been sat in my shed for a couple of months, I drew the first pint off it the other day and it was nicely carbed...tonight after half a pint it needed gassing....I'm missing something with these kegs!

Whilst knocking up a lamb tikka vindaloo I've had Hazelwood Brewery bitter and now a GH dry stout out of my keg...the keg has been sat in my shed for a couple of months, I drew the first pint off it the other day and it was nicely carbed...tonight after half a pint it needed gassing....I'm missing something with these kegs!

Is the keg very full?

Yeah,got at least 20 litres left in it...

20 litres should be OK. I was just wondering if the keg was full and had little head space. I sometimes find the first pint or two can use up all the gas if I’ve over-filled the keg. If this was the case you’d find after the first two or three pints that it settles down because there is then enough head space. Could this be your issue?

IMG-20200901-WA0003[1].jpeg

This an orange abbot maturing very nicely, fortunately I have a crate or so left....
followed by an out of the light - great dunkleweisen - will have to repeat May 2021 ish
Then duopolis followed by a northern rock 6.2% beer - it has ipa qualities - I forget the name..... then....

IMG_20200901_185714_624[1].jpg

finally (maybe) an Oscar triple at 10.8% - you don't expect me to take pics at this point? :laugh8:

20 litres should be OK. I was just wondering if the keg was full and had little head space. I sometimes find the first pint or two can use up all the gas if I’ve over-filled the keg. If this was the case you’d find after the first two or three pints that it settles down because there is then enough head space. Could this be your issue?
Looking at the level I suspect it was over 23 litres going in the keg...so you might be right... strangely when I added the gas towards the end it vented some...

a duopolis, then a life and death followed by a disappointing triple 8 (carbonation tester) - still needs another week to carbonate my triples usually need a month or 3 to come to life. But hey you've gotta see how they develop. :laugh8:

now this......

IMG_20200902_181550_460[1].jpg

Mrs DOJ has put Tedward Kennedy on duty to guard against excessive alcohol consumption. :mad: Perhaps If I shout - 'porridge time in the dining room' - I can sneak it away without getting caught?

I'll bring Pip the JRT round.... she'll deal with teddy...
I wuz assulted - my plan didn't work - the bug*er poked me in the eye with the bat and I saw double - or was that the beer? :confused.:

Plus the triporter was meh. just like their dubble. Shame asad. think i'll avoid them in future, but hey ho have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince/ess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back