What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The power of beer! I got talking beer the last time I booked a take out meal with beer ...he recognised me on the email order tonight and brought it out for me...said i should pop back for a drink with him when they reopen next week..
That's really good service.

My Weizenbock, it's good... I think.

Flavours are good, more clove than banana, i'm not sure if it's a little phenolic which puts it out of balance, there's something not quite right, difficult for me to put my finger on.
What's your recipe?

I'm still trying to perfect my weizenbock, I fermented hot for more banana last time which worked well.

What's your recipe?

I'm still trying to perfect my weizenbock, I fermented hot for more banana last time which worked well.

This, think it's from the gh book with a few tweaks.

Think its from GH's book with a few tweaks.

Wheat malt 2.9kg
Munich 2kg
Pilsner 1kg
Choc wheat 150g
Caramalt 250g

Mashed for 60mins at 68c.

Boiled for 50 mins (as it turned out)

Saaz 48g @50

Cooled and cml krystalweizen pitched at 25c, no temp control as my belgian is in the fridge so it'll be around 20-23 ambient in the utility I reckon.

Similar to my last one, but I used carafa special instead of chocolate wheat and caramunich instead of caramalt. Wlp300 yeast fermented at 26°C. I got lots of banana and fig in that one.

Had a sort out of my brew cupboard a few days ago and noticed my bottles of accidental dubbel look fit to burst! I off gassed them as well as I could and resealed them. I put the worst one in the fridge to try today and it's gone sour. Must've got infected somehow. I'm going to try another one next week but I'm guessing this lot is for the drain.

I had to have a barleywine to cheer myself up. Then one of these.
IMG_20201108_124358.jpg

And finally a red rye IPA

I’m having a glass of Festival Spiced Winter Ale, it’s rather good, and I think the flavour has mellowed a bit over the past few weeks (now had over three months in the keg).

All sorts. Both mine and Mrs Wright's birthday (yeah strange but true).
Starting on Efes Draught. Got Hobgoblin, westons vintage and Abbot Ale. Please don't judge, I'd drink my own if it was ready and drinkable. Cheers!

All sorts. Both mine and Mrs Wright's birthday (yeah strange but true).
Starting on Efes Draught. Got Hobgoblin, westons vintage and Abbot Ale. Please don't judge, I'd drink my own if it was ready and drinkable. Cheers!
Just claim it’s research (and love Efes Draught there is a Turkish restaurant near me that does it, and it just goes perfectly with the food).

As for what I’m drinking a pint of my ordinary bitter.

Just claim it’s research (and love Efes Draught there is a Turkish restaurant near me that does it, and it just goes perfectly with the food).

As for what I’m drinking a pint of my ordinary bitter.
Have you tried Bomonti? It's like Efes but more depth of flavour imo. They sell it at Home Bargains, B&M etc. Another Turkish beer.

Have you tried Bomonti? It's like Efes but more depth of flavour imo. They sell it at Home Bargains, B&M etc. Another Turkish beer.

I have not but am now tempted to make an excursion to my local B&M to give it a go (well it’s not like we can go anywhere else at the moment and just checked B&M counts as a garden centre and is allowed to open.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back