What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is good, better than I expected for a holiday beer. Quite hoppy and unique.

20201108_200740.jpg

This one is good, better than I expected for a holiday beer. Quite hoppy and unique.

View attachment 35235
Its an odd year I mostly have done my grocery shopping online since March so hadn‘t really realised that they where starting to sell the holiday themed beers and I’m normally a bit fan of them as tend toward big malty beers or spiced etc,)

Last Sunday, the spring on the up and over garage door on my garage / brewery sheared, causing it to drop on my head and jam open, at nine at night , during 60mph winds. I keep my bikes in there, as well as all my tools so leaviit open was a non starter. I managed to disassemble the up and over mechanism to get the door in a state that it could be closed, then in jam it and get it at least closed and locked.

This weekend, I managed to get it open again, and back on its runners, so it now opens and can be propped up, but it's a hell of faff and bloody hard. So I've ventured out there just once, filled a tankard with my Victorian Tetley's, and a 2 pint jug of my Edwardian IPA. No nipping out for extras - too much faff!

Last Sunday, the spring on the up and over garage door on my garage / brewery sheared, causing it to drop on my head and jam open, at nine at night , during 60mph winds. I keep my bikes in there, as well as all my tools so leaviit open was a non starter. I managed to disassemble the up and over mechanism to get the door in a state that it could be closed, then in jam it and get it at least closed and locked.

This weekend, I managed to get it open again, and back on its runners, so it now opens and can be propped up, but it's a hell of faff and bloody hard. So I've ventured out there just once, filled a tankard with my Victorian Tetley's, and a 2 pint jug of my Edwardian IPA. No nipping out for extras - too much faff!
Nightmare! There's never any good time for something like that to happen. Bon courage!

10-4 Brut IPA from Aldi. 5.6% ABV absolute rubbish. Looks like pee, tastes of - almost nothing. Avoid. No pic taken, can in the bin and most of the beer down the sink.
Some of the untapped comments are interesting. One reviewer thought it was sweet!
Definitely a style that came and went pretty quickly although I did have a very good example from a local brewery who did it with champagne yeast rather than use amylase.

Evening brew session tonight. While the the mash is doing its thing drinking a Cardamom SAISON from @samale. Straw colour, good head intially and slightly hazy. Lots of cardamom aroma and some yeast aromatics although the cardamon is definitely dominating the aroma
IMG_20201109_184331.jpg
. Flavour of cardamom is more subtle than the aroma, peppery yeast flavours. Cardamom flavour is a little stronger at the end but a nice level. Nicely carbonated(maybe slightly more ), good level of bitterness. Clean very drinkable Saison. Very nice indeed🍺😁.

Does mulled cider taste better than mulled wine?
Talking to wife and we're struggling to answer that Dave 🤣 we love them both and they both have a place at my table 🤷🏻‍♂️ try it, we just use the cheap sweet/med oakhampton cider from Morrisons £2 for 2 litres

Evening brew session tonight. While the the mash is doing its thing drinking a Cardamom SAISON from @samale. Straw colour, good head intially and slightly hazy. Lots of cardamom aroma and some yeast aromatics although the cardamon is definitely dominating the aromaView attachment 35299. Flavour of cardamom is more subtle than the aroma, peppery yeast flavours. Cardamom flavour is a little stronger at the end but a nice level. Nicely carbonated(maybe slightly more ), good level of bitterness. Clean very drinkable Saison. Very nice indeed🍺😁.
I am still not sure on this beer but I keep going back for more. I am bottling a traditional Saison tonight with EKG. It will be interesting to compare them both. Do you think I should up the carbonation. Thank you for the review 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back