What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Fox Brewery Christmas box opened for business, Arctic Fox seriously good ale

Tonight first sample of my Golden Ale, I won't call it Summer Lightning strayed from the recipe somewhat, but still within the BJCP guidelines. Bottled on the 16 December so still some not fully carbonated, conditioning at 16-17 C. Tasting good, with sharp hop character coming through.
001.JPG

Well then that one got a bit oxidized, very interesting. Maybe just the lighting? here is the recipe pennine's brewdays

Glad you enjoyed I love the recipe too although it's a little different than the beer I was trying to clone. I think I need to back off on the mosaic a bit.

Final advent beer, which I also drank a couple of nights ago was carribean chocolate cake, which thankfully is equal to last year's offering as I have a few more of them to go.
So the gang's all here:
_20201224_060041.JPG
Special shout out to the collaboration with varvar brew for an imperial coffee and coconut stout. I think it was day 12, and I drank it without having a camera handy.

Well then that one got a bit oxidized, very interesting. Maybe just the lighting? here is the recipe pennine's brewdays

Glad you enjoyed I love the recipe too although it's a little different than the beer I was trying to clone. I think I need to back off on the mosaic a bit.
Wow I would not of picked them hops out, mosiac being probably my most used and favourite hop. I got a spicy aroma and flavor of it. I really enjoyed it, I was expecting Chinook maybe Simcoe. It was my first beer of the day so it was a clean start 🤔

Wow I would not of picked them hops out, mosiac being probably my most used and favourite hop. I got a spicy aroma and flavor of it. I really enjoyed it, I was expecting Chinook maybe Simcoe. It was my first beer of the day so it was a clean start 🤔
I am wondering if that spiciness is from the heavy magnum bittering charge. I agree, I just tasted it again and its definitely there.
The other thing is maybe the verdant yeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back