What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else watch the launch? Amazing stuff, but a shame the video cut out when the launcher landed.

without trying to get to the point of pi$$ing people off, wilko stout.
Nice brew, easy drink, recommended.
understand many like AG but at this point in time for me kits is the way to go.
I do kits and all grain and some kits are nearly, almost, close to AG, well a few have recently, nowt wrong with kits as long as they're done proper like.

I do kits and all grain and some kits are nearly, almost, close to AG, well a few have recently, nowt wrong with kits as long as they're done proper like.
I was really happy drinking kit beer until a friend let me taste his all grain beer, sorry but it was on a different level. I decided there and then to make the jump.

I was really happy drinking kit beer until a friend let me taste his all grain beer, sorry but it was on a different level. I decided there and then to make the jump.
I agree, but I enjoy my Quick brewing time with a kit that taste nearly as good as a 5hr brew day, just saying.....

birthday beers(I love Belgium beer) And no I haven't drunk them all. Just the big imperial stout on the left, chimay grand reserve & an ardennes stout.
Mrs 99 recommends the company she got them from, very reasonably priced. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some more, most are new to me.
1590868466484.jpeg

My chocolate and vanilla stout been in bottle for over a year now and just keeps on improving, you get a hint of vanilla aroma but no taste, which I think is a good thing. Nice and chocolatey though. View attachment 26793
Sounds nice, I have an imperial stout I am not to sure on. Too sweet for my tastes but I am going to enter it in the monthly competition to see how it goes

My chocolate and vanilla stout been in bottle for over a year now and just keeps on improving, you get a hint of vanilla aroma but no taste, which I think is a good thing. Nice and chocolatey though. View attachment 26793

Love the beer goggles on the desk :cool:

Sounds nice, I have an imperial stout I am not to sure on. Too sweet for my tastes but I am going to enter it in the monthly competition to see how it goes

With the June dark beers comp coming up I may enter this one, I have tons left considering I brewed it up last march (ish). How longs it been brewed your impy?

With the June dark beers comp coming up I may enter this one, I have tons left considering I brewed it up last march (ish). How longs it been brewed your impy?
3 months, I brewed it using kviek which has a quick turn round. Nice big strong flavour but on the sweet side, it finished at 1.028 with an abv of 8.2%. The carbonation is on the low side

3 months, I brewed it using kviek which has a quick turn round. Nice big strong flavour but on the sweet side, it finished at 1.028 with an abv of 8.2%. The carbonation is on the low side

Sounds great to me, did you add lactose or anything, I brewed an ipa in january which finished at 1018 ish maybe slightly higher and it had a cloying sweet taste to it which made it drinkable but not great, which is what we all aspire too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back