What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancied a bit of Belgian tonight
IMG_20200618_204041.jpg

I drank this a couple of days ago but couldn't post it at the time - Strong and hoppy pale ale, brewed 11 days previously. Dropped clear and carbed up, tasting really rather good. The head should get a bit creamier with a bit of time. The glass was from my grandads guesthouse that he ran in the 1980s, it's rather scruffy now :laugh8:

IMG-20200617-191351125-01.jpg

Last edited:
Bottled my first brew but gave up with the bottling wand so had quite a lot of siphoning spillover to sample.

20200619_132125.jpg

Northern Brewer Bavarian blonde ale kit, pleasantly surprised at how good it tastes flat and warm, it's like the Rheinbacher wheat beer that's in Aldi. Just need a weizen glass now.

Why did you give up with the wand?

I couldn't hold the siphon tube in the DJ, hold the bottle, press down the wand and get the auto siphon started all at the same time. I probably need something to hold all the components so I keep my hands free. Still, I'll chalk it up to experience and fingers crossed I didn't introduce anything.

I couldn't hold the siphon tube in the DJ, hold the bottle, press down the wand and get the auto siphon started all at the same time. I probably need something to hold all the components so I keep my hands free. Still, I'll chalk it up to experience and fingers crossed I didn't introduce anything.
Ah, I see, only used a wand with a tap personally.

F66CD915-3268-414B-B401-F04A521F91F0.jpeg
Salt Dex Imperial Larger (7.2%)

This has a rather sweet taste I would describe is as closer to a Barley wine than a larger, and feel it needs a but more bitterness to cut through the sweetness. Not terrible but certainly not the best beer a I’ve had from Salt.

NEIPA BrewDog vs Northern Monk... not impressed. Very thin and lacking that thick dank juicy hop flavour that you should be hit with. If they called it an APA I’d be less annoyed 😂

I’m starting tonight with a first pint of another of my beers. This one is my first pint of my first ever homebrew lager and to be honest it isn’t that good. I’m not a lager drinker particularly but I do know the taste of diacetyl 😭. Maybe if I put it in bottles and forget about it until next summer the yeast will have done me a favour!

CDD9EF1F-6C3A-4325-974B-0F52F0EA6A1D.jpeg

sipping on my hoppy marzen the belma hops are settling down but have a huge strawberry aroma. definitely has a very unique hop flavor not at all what you expect though. woody, fruity with an earl grey like astringency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back