What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using @samale BIPA to wash down the sour 😁
Really good. Lovely strong piney hop aroma and very smooth.... going down more like a 4% beer than a 6% beer.
Very mild roastiness is more in the aroma than the flavour.
Not sure how this could be much better.
Thanks for sending!
View attachment 45695
Cheers Dan. I wasn't to sure about the colour, I thought it could of been darker. If I was to make it again I would up the citra by 50g. I used 100g each of Simcoe and citra.
That brew is long gone 😢

Thanks again for the swap. 👍👍

I had a look in the fridge earlier and found the beers below i like Timothy Taylors landlord and i am sure i have had the Black Sheep ale before but i don't think i have had the London Pride before so i am looking forward to trying it.
She also got me a couple of bottles of my go to beers Old Peculier and Guinness West Indies Porter, happy days.

1619200171167.png
1619200308383.png
1619200373188.png

Cheers Dan. I wasn't to sure about the colour, I thought it could of been darker. If I was to make it again I would up the citra by 50g. I used 100g each of Simcoe and citra.
That brew is long gone 😢

Thanks again for the swap. 👍👍
It wasn't quite jet black but I've had less black bipas, and it's always a balancing act between the colour and the roast - did you mash the dark grains?
The simcoe was a bit more prominent I think, and another 50g citra wouldn't do any harm, but the balance was good - very easy drinking 👍

It wasn't quite jet black but I've had less black bipas, and it's always a balancing act between the colour and the roast - did you mash the dark grains?
The simcoe was a bit more prominent I think, and another 50g citra wouldn't do any harm, but the balance was good - very easy drinking 👍
No I cold steeped 500g of carafa 3 in 3 litres of cold water. I added this to the boil.

Playing catch up.
rps20210423_193434.jpg

In-laws been for tea in the garden after a funeral so I was shifting rubble and unwanted timber and cutting the grass at 8:30 this morning. Kids in the middle of exams = stress. Two days intense online course with exam still to do (couldn't face it tonight). The weeks don't get any quieter or easier.

Time for some brief respite with a Cascade Pale.

I had a look in the fridge earlier and found the beers below i like Timothy Taylors landlord and i am sure i have had the Black Sheep ale before but i don't think i have had the London Pride before so i am looking forward to trying it.
She also got me a couple of bottles of my go to beers Old Peculier and Guinness West Indies Porter, happy days.

View attachment 45698 ,View attachment 45699..View attachment 45700

These beers remind me of when me and Jim used to go to Asda and get 4 beers for £6 for him. I’m sure this selection were in the offer. Funny how certain beer combinations bring back memories, even though I don’t generally drink beers (apart from Sam Smith’s fruit beers, I love those) 🙈

So because the husband won’t join us on the forums as he is shy, I will put on what he is having. This is his all-grain brewed low carb stout (he’s T2D). 14.5 carbs. If anyone wants to know what’s in it, I can ask him for you (I don’t understand beer brewing). He has the brewfather app thingy so does it that way. 😊

971EB21C-B38D-4D30-ADC5-8BD757BBFFC5.jpeg

7B33713C-1F1C-4DC6-AFC0-00891382CA16.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back