What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge change in the flavour since last week or so. Should have held back on the bottle I gave you as it was far too bitter. This might become a staple stout but will dial back the early additions and throw in a dry hop in the next batch.
I have started putting some beer away in a box for your next swap 👍

Been a while since I have had this, it's really good. Nice old school APA. Much better than the flat £3 neipas.

PXL_20210423_201817385.jpg

It was
4.5kg pale ale malt
500g Maris otter
500g chocolate rye
400g roast barley
250g Crystal 80’
150g cara
37g magnum 60min
30g magnum 30 min
40g chinook 5 min
14g Zeus 0min
28g chinook 0min
50g chinook hop steep
28g Zeus hop steep
M44 yeast
Woah! I bet there's allsorts going on. No wonder that has changed over a few weeks. I bet it continues to change over months.
That's a bold recipe to take on, anything could happen.

Isn’t interesting how much stouts evolve and improve with time. I’ve 20 odd bottles of a 4 month old chocolate chilli brew in the garage, and I’m trying to eek them out as far as possible.
Just brew more 🤷‍♂️😂😂
I find when you get on a good thing it’s best to keep doing it until you get bored of it. It’s like hazy ipa’s and neipas for me I have drank that many I’m bored with them and now prefer malt forward rather than hop forward beers. This will likely change when the weather warms up and it’s back to easy drinking beers but for now all all about the stout.

Last edited:
Woah! I bet there's allsorts going on. No wonder that has changed over a few weeks. I bet it continues to change over months.
That's a bold recipe to take on, anything could happen.
I only drink (mostly) on a fri and sat night (good weather has been known to interfere with this plan) and I always notice the changes more. But by the time I find the sweet spot for conditioning it’s usually all over. But the fun is in the testing.
Tinkered with this a while now and think it’s near it’s best just need to dial back the bitterness. But I do like the aftertaste mainly from the bitterness. 😳

Last couple lastnight were rodenbach grand cru and Williams Bros Juice Tiger.

I have been intrigued by sour beers of late, and finally found a local shop that had the rodenbach but in all honesty, its not like drinking beer. More like wine or cider. Not really a fan. Too dry.

Juice Tiger.... meh, it was ok. Nothing to write home about.

Brew your own man...it's dead easy!

I know @Clint but as i have said before SWMBO doesn't like beer so i make wine which we both enjoy, i don't have room to do both (small house) so i buy beer, i don't spend much as i only drink beer at the weekends brewing my own would cost more in equipment and time and i am happy drinking shop bought bottles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back