What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gifted a few cans from a mate who was gifted a few cans...
He obviously didn't think much of this one. I get the Milk stout lactose body with a touch of sweetness. The vanilla is there in abundance with hints of cinnamon and cardamom and ginger. I actually enjoyed this despite the adverse press it got from it's previous owner.
rps20210504_234824.jpg

P.S. fake beer picture 😄
The beer is actually my Oatmeal Stout, but it looks almost identical in the glass!

Both were rather welcome tonight and were preceded by a cheeky pint of Saison!
That is me done for the night.

Really nice and smooth vanilla oatmeal from brewdog.

I’m now having one of those too. I want to know how my stout compares. The problem is that they’re really not comparable because they are different beers despite both being stout. I can only say I enjoyed both. Which would I pick given the choice? Actually, probably mine, the Nitro is too sweet. Sorry Brewdog 🤷‍♂️

025998C3-E257-45B8-98EA-43BF7CA1287B.jpeg

By the time i had got through half a glass i thought the same hb, nice as a one off.Far too sweet by the end though.
Great flavour though.

A nice west coast ipa 60 ibu soon cleared the sweetness wink...

QC in the ESB...well it is "next week"..pleased to say the keg is still holding pressure due to the "terrym, Hazelwood Brewery keg massive"...
As for the beer...I recon if I don't scoff it too soon it'll be great!

1845 is a great ale, Golden Pride is a beast at 8.5%, nice slow drinking ale for a rainy & windy evening.

The 'Cognac of Beers' according to Fullers website! 😄

One of the things I miss most about London, cycling home from Hammersmith past Fullers and stopping in Strand on the Green for a pint or two of Honey Dew or 1845 by the river.

This one is very similar to my Summer Breeze in terms of ingredients but the flavour is quite different. The major difference is that Vocation have added Mosaic to the hops. Naturally, my Summer Breeze is better! ;) 😂

6C5D5976-00B6-4C82-93B5-0A6F4AF3F763.jpeg

Either way it’s nice and hides it’s 8% potency well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back