What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have spilt it climbing out. Can't find the key for the front garage door which would make this easier. Perhaps a job for tomorrow. I know there are a couple of keys in a jar of about 50 keys that we still have attributed since buying the house 3 years ago
You need one of those yoke things like the Austrian milk maids use - two buckets, nicely balanced, easy peasy!

(Btw, I'm filling in for Clint tonight with the **** patter while he's working :laugh8:)

Time for a kolsch, it's as good as a kolsch ever is. Sparkly, bland and a bit boring. Although this one is a bit more bitter than normal.

PXL_20210514_200053149.jpg

That's what I was thinking and it makes sense.

I think it's time to try kveik for summer as I'm more likely to ferment on the high side.
That was my guess too, I have had issues when fermentation gets above 20c with certain yeasts. US-05 is pretty forgiving in the summer but most of the other dry yeasts will give you fusels especially when you are at 25 or higher.

Time for a kolsch, it's as good as a kolsch ever is. Sparkly, bland and a bit boring. Although this one is a bit more bitter than normal.

View attachment 47170
Right. I know what to aim for now. I've been thinking of doing a pseudo kviek Kölsch.

Just need to make sure it's:
  • Sparkly
  • Bland
  • A bit boring
I think I can manage that ;)

Right. I know what to aim for now. I've been thinking of doing a pseudo kviek Kölsch.

Just need to make sure it's:
  • Sparkly
  • Bland
  • A bit boring
I think I can manage that ;)
Ha I feel like that with most german beers although they really do hit the spot.

It's definitely not as bland as an american light lager but not too far off.

Just finished a rye saison with rosemary and lemon from @samale . What can I say ...I was a little concerned..alot of flavours going on in a beer. I'm not usually one for herbs in beer outside of coriander and orange peel(sometimes 😉). It's a well made beer and it was refreshing and carbonated so hits the saison box. As it warmed up it was a little too herby for me, although the lemon didn't balance it. It was well brewed and I'm sure it would be somebody else's cup of tea👍🏼. Were you happy with the outcome?
Cheers for sharing 🍺
View attachment 47167
Funny how tastes differ as I really enjoyed this one despite not normally liking these types of beers but then I am a big fan of rosemary especially on steak or roast potatoes. I guess it reminded me of Sunday dinner lol

You need one of those yoke things like the Austrian milk maids use - two buckets, nicely balanced, easy peasy!

(Btw, I'm filling in for Clint tonight with the **** patter while he's working :laugh8:)
The other option is a good straight from the garage into the lounge, a bit of beer line and a party tap, and I won't need to move from the sofa

Eldest just turned 16 a couple of weeks ago and has completed his quasi GCSEs today. He'll be fine and will get mainly A**s but it has been a stressful time with the old covid one nine. I left a few cans of Camden Week Night lying around for him to 'steal' for the after school rite of passage in the park and he has come home a bit pished but full of life. I ordered him a large kebab whilst the rest of us had a Thai. I have slunk back to lock up the brewery and found this hidden under a pile of lesser used speciality grains. Glad its over.

16210255713507428664612654600666.jpg

Eldest just turned 16 a couple of weeks ago and has completed his quasi GCSEs today. He'll be fine and will get mainly A**s but it has been a stressful time with the old covid one nine. I left a few cans of Camden Week Night lying around for him to 'steal' for the after school rite of passage in the park and he has come home a bit pished but full of life. I ordered him a large kebab whilst the rest of us had a Thai. I have slunk back to lock up the brewery and found this hidden under a pile of lesser used speciality grains. Glad its over.

View attachment 47179

clapa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back