What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It works pretty well, I should say the Bramling Cross are very much the dominant hop in this one, give it a rather nice black current flavour.

And I still have some Saaz in my freezer so may yet still give a Bramling Cross and Saaz Saison a try.
I must say, I'm a bit protective of Styrian Goldings recently after having realised what a great taste and aroma it can provide. Anything to disturb that goodness is like a snack in the face! I do think Saaz and SG may be a good combo though.

For my current Saison I used Saaz and Mittelfruh as I'd run out of SG. It works ok but it's more subtle and malt dominant than if I'd used late Styrian Goldings.

I live the fact that these so called earthy and noble hops, purportedly delicate and mild, can have such a profoundly different outcome depending on how they are combined.

My latest finished brew, a single hop (El Dorado) and I'll be brewing this fella again
20210514_161521.jpg

I must say, I'm a bit protective of Styrian Goldings recently after having realised what a great taste and aroma it can provide. Anything to disturb that goodness is like a snack in the face! I do think Saaz and SG may be a good combo though.

For my current Saison I used Saaz and Mittelfruh as I'd run out of SG. It works ok but it's more subtle and malt dominant than if I'd used late Styrian Goldings.

I live the fact that these so called earthy and noble hops, purportedly delicate and mild, can have such a profoundly different outcome depending on how they are combined.
I would agree with you here, it’s a nice beer but the Styrian Golding is arguably wasted here would be tempted to use both in single hop Saisons just to see how it turns out.

Living on a building site is making getting the garage a difficult and messy task. The step into the garage is over 2 foot high, not easy after a few pints.

So I have decided to bring some cans into the house. Obvs I had to fill the glass first, so starting with a sabro porter.

Attachments

• 20210514_195515.jpg
    20210514_195515.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 33
@Pennine made me drink my last bottle of SS imperial stout 😏. Followed that up with a TT landlord. Now a sour porter from Siren that's a new style for me.
View attachment 47135
Happy Friday folk's.
Hard to say no to that one. I have 3 left. They also had the brown ale, india ale and the taffy porter. I might get the brown ale next.

View attachment 47157
Winter Wheat my Weissbier hopped with Saaz and Hallertauer Hersbrucker fermented with CML Gretel it’s got a good kick of banana and is just nice and easy drinking. A bit of a pain to pour from the mini keg but overall I’m pretty pleased with it.
What's the hop combo like any flavours coming through? I have wanted to try them together.

Hard to say no to that one. I have 3 left. They also had the brown ale, india ale and the taffy porter. I might get the brown ale next.

Still always surprises me the number of outlets Tadcaster based SS have around the West End and City of London knocking out all of the favourites.

View attachment 47157
Winter Wheat my Weissbier hopped with Saaz and Hallertauer Hersbrucker fermented with CML Gretel it’s got a good kick of banana and is just nice and easy drinking. A bit of a pain to pour from the mini keg but overall I’m pretty pleased with it.
I was thinking of giving Gretel a try with a beer I have planned. What temps did you ferment at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back