What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely Belgian tripel
IMG_20210801_200631009_HDR.jpg

Probably one of the nicest beers I’ve had recently.
Stuck in the garage for a bit on cleanup, one downside to an afternoon brew. So thought I’d console myself with a Dopplebock.
Toasty caramel malts turned up to 11, big round mouthfeel unbelievably long finish. Malt sweetness rather than alcohol, balanced bittering and no real hop character coming through. Clean fermentation with some ester notes in the background to play with the malts. It’s a stunner. Grab some if you see it, this one came from Beers of Europe online.
4CF6ED13-4630-4D72-859B-0E58019509CF.jpeg

Done.
Summer holiday been and done. Survived storm Evert. Survived visiting In-laws on the way home. Survived Welsh and English roads. Caravan unpacked, bikes, canoe, body boards and a fortnight worth of washing unloaded. Time to check on contents of the keezer...

This was an APA from earlier while unloading the bikes, still cloudy after a over a month in the keg.
rps20210801_220751.jpg

I have been wanting to try this one for a while after I heard about it only having mosaic. Quite good but maybe a bit too fresh and has some hop burn it was canned earlier this month. A couple weeks should do it good.

PXL_20210801_213208705.jpg

Went to a pub serving real ales earlier but was very disappointed, most of the punters seemed to be drinking Fosters (judging by the glasses), and the casks seemed old.

Anyway got home and nothing in the fridge so drinking this warm and it's still very good, nice light but malty beer. Haven't had many Austrian beers but they've all been good

Screenshot_20210801-225433_Gallery.jpg

@samale Geez! You wouldn't have any need to search further than this for your Belgian beer comp. If only I'd sent you a bottle. Ha ha, your loss! 😉

My treat for having to go back to work tomorrow, a Belgian blonde. I disturbed the sediment, but who cares? This will finish me off quite nicely, thank you 😴
rps20210801_225616.jpg

Nice cycle to the bath arms at longleat today.

Followed by a couple of my sabro porter back at the caravan. Not going to attempt to upload pictures, can't even see images uploaded by others.

I’m optimistically starting with a Summer Breeze tonight. It’s tasting cleaner but I probably have a layer in the keg that’s still not properly settled out. This batch is taking longer than usual to condition - or maybe I’m just not drinking it as quickly and would ordinarily have worked my way through the cloudy beer! Must try harder 😉

EBBDEBC7-D3F7-4769-AA12-A6400E818BFE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back