What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First trip up to London for years, Fullers pub in west kensington, pint of jaipur, it's very nice but at £7.75 I have to say that! 😬
20210903_171750.jpg

Fuggle Duck bitter by @pilgrimhudd

View attachment 44898

I'm struggling to say much about this - but no mistake, it's really nice.

Tiny bit of haze but a lovely deep amber colour. Nice lasting head with excellent lacing.

The malt, the hops, the bitterness, the subtle yeast-driven esters - it all comes together and kinda just flies stealthily under the radar, to the point where I've finished my pint before I realised it!

And if that's not what a good English bitter should do then I don't know what else to suggest 👍🍻
20210901_211509.jpg

Had this the other night, the latest incarnation of @pilgrimhudd 's Fuggle Duck bitter.

Not much I can add to this that I didn't say last time. I think the esters are maybe a touch more pronounced this time round but still very nice.

Nice work fella 👍🍻

View attachment 53780
Had this the other night, the latest incarnation of @pilgrimhudd 's Fuggle Duck bitter.

Not much I can add to this that I didn't say last time. I think the esters are maybe a touch more pronounced this time round but still very nice.

Nice work fella 👍🍻

I mean, I know it's a long time ago, so I cant imagine youd remember but did you notice any difference between using fuggles and williamette? Personally I think the williamette is softer but the beer, like you say is more ester(y).

I mean, I know it's a long time ago, so I cant imagine youd remember but did you notice any difference between using fuggles and williamette? Personally I think the williamette is softer but the beer, like you say is more ester(y).
Honestly mate, no idea, except that same as you I believe Willamette is an American derivative of Fuggle.

20210902_213258.jpg

Mosquito Hoppy Amber Ale by @pilgrimhudd

I like this beer. I like it a lot.

It was, how can I put this, "carbonationally challenged" but apart from that...

I drank the first third thinking "this IPA isn't very hoppy" before I twigged and looked up the style guidelines for Amber Ale...

The way I read it, it's a bit like a bitter but with cleaner yeast and American hops, and lower strength than APA...

I didn't get much that was definite or pronounced from the hops but I could be talked into pine/resin...

But what I did get was a lovely caramel sweetness balanced against the hop bitterness...

And I know "balanced" is such a cliché, but I'd have no trouble paying for a pint of this in a pub and probably another one after that.

Nice one!👍🍻

View attachment 53785
Mosquito Hoppy Amber Ale by @pilgrimhudd

I like this beer. I like it a lot.

It was, how can I put this, "carbonationally challenged" but apart from that...

I drank the first third thinking "this IPA isn't very hoppy" before I twigged and looked up the style guidelines for Amber Ale...

The way I read it, it's a bit like a bitter but with cleaner yeast and American hops, and lower strength than APA...

I didn't get much that was definite or pronounced from the hops but I could be talked into pine/resin...

But what I did get was a lovely caramel sweetness balanced against the hop bitterness...

And I know "balanced" is such a cliché, but I'd have no trouble paying for a pint of this in a pub and probably another one after that.

Nice one!👍🍻

Good, glad you liked it, not sure what happened with the carbonation, same priming solution as the 3C's IPA which seems overcarbed.

First trip up to London for years, Fullers pub in west kensington, pint of jaipur, it's very nice but at £7.75 I have to say that! 😬View attachment 53779
Ye Gods. That's incredible. I remember being sitting at the bar of a Hampstead pub pre-Covid and a bloke asking how much Peroni was a pint as in some places it was very expensive. On being told it was £6.20 he immediately ordered 2 as apparently that was a keen price... It seems he might have been correct!

First up my 4 way comp mystery beer.

This was very much an experiment. Not a style I brew and my first on the brewdevil.

Colour is darker than planned and but too much haze. The flavour as dropped a little which is disappointing. Not happy.

Attachments

• 20210903_202412.jpg
    20210903_202412.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back