What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first of my latest batch of Czech Pilsner, just 2 weeks in the bottle
IMG_20210129_180749.jpg

A Vocation Hop, Skip and Juicy to start (well named. Tasted like Tropicana). My Vienna APA next. Less juicy but I prefer the bitterness. Picked up a mixed case of mainly IPAs from Electric Bear earlier and so one of those next.

I think, in fairness, I should have found a more traditional saison as a first taste; however, this beer has more than a hint of a good gin.
Really enjoyed it and it's going down far quicker than anticipated as I keep having to check the taste! Definitely seeing if I can get a couple more bottles to put away until summer.

Time to see what all the fuss is about ;)View attachment 40418
Well this is right up my street and a bit of a smack in the face after the lightness of the Czech Pilsner. Clear with a little hop haze, dark caramel colour, good mouth feel. Slightly bitter with a hit of fruity hops following on. Too easy drinking. This is surprisingly like my own Rabbit Island made with mosaic, cascade and amarillo I currently have on keg athumb.. Thank you @Hazelwood Brewery

Not blaming anyone in particular... But there's a tendency hereabouts to laud the qualities of saison.
Frequently.
I don't think I ever sampled many saison and certainly haven't had one in the last year.
So next up for me is this:
View attachment 40415
It's SAISON!

First time trying this beer from Verdant and wow it is gorgeous. Loving my new glass from my local brewery too

Attachments

• D0B27BF2-11C3-40E5-BB39-349257CFC019.jpeg
    D0B27BF2-11C3-40E5-BB39-349257CFC019.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 34
Summer Breeze, this has now hit six weeks in the keg and while it was actually rather drinkable straight after carbonation I do think it has improved over time with a slightly more mellow flavour sadly I only have a few glasses left in the keg but have the ingredients for a fresh batch soon. So thanks again to Hazelwood for sharing this recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back