What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bitter night here in Warrington started with Jail Ale now on Tribute. That's warmed things up. I love West Country ales. Devon and Cornwall but is it jam first or cream first on a scone.
Jam first always, on a split, proper job!

Don't get the fuss,once in the gob makes not one jot of a difference.

Attachments

• BIB_Scones_1125.png
    BIB_Scones_1125.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 42
  • scones-clotted-cream-and-strawberry-jam-600x467 (1).jpg
    scones-clotted-cream-and-strawberry-jam-600x467 (1).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 41
805F2D4F-1ACD-4089-8B88-1ADC55E45A36.jpeg

Trying my ‘Tribute’ ish beer. It’s only been conditioned a couple of days and the flavour is young and muddled (still a bit yeasty) but this is really nice! More body and more malty than tribute but that’s not a bad thing 🍺

When was it good? I used to enjoy a pint when I used to work in Scotland

About twenty years ago now. IIRC it started getting worse a bit before S&N took them over in early 2000s . Which was a shame as it was a nationally available ale that was really good. Tastes like accountants got to it now and I think it's the cheapest ale in Wetherspoons here for a reason :(

Annoyingly unable to resist dipping into my current Munich Helles as it's still a wee bit shy of ready.... Maybe.

However, a few changes were made for this brew. Less Campden, proper water treatment and less hops (both bittering and flavour) have left me with something far, far more like a proper German lager here so I really am quite pleased. Theres some chill haze still. It's only been in the keg for about 4 days though so not arsed about that. Really pleased with this brew and hope I can get another in before summer temps ruin lager production

20210314_184249.jpg

Don't get the fuss,once in the gob makes not one jot of a difference.
Cut in half and put jam on one half and cream on the other. Place the half with the jam on top of the one with the cream you want cream at the bottom. If not, put the jam one on top of the cream one.

Last edited:
Cut in half and put jam on one half and cream on the other. Place the half with the jam on top of the one with the cream you want cream at the bottom. If not, put the jam on top of the cream one.
Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back