What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you call in for a sandwich and come out £30 lighter.

Attachments

• 2F8FAB03-F555-4F80-A4EE-D1EF4EF42133.jpeg
    2F8FAB03-F555-4F80-A4EE-D1EF4EF42133.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
@Brewnaldo Nice one, thanks. I step mashed and fermented at 10C with wy2308. Batch no2 is about to undergo D-rest. I’ll bottle some after lagering this time I’ll have something properly carbonated to send around.

As everyone else seems to be on the pop tonight Ive cracked open a Campden Pale. Not as nice as the off menu IPA but thoroughly serviceable.

Cheers all!
Its interesting what you say about the dryness of mine because I have recently been considering a higher mash temp to try and leave a little bit higher FG amd residual sweetness. Might rethink that

Breaking the fast at the end of a week without. Since it's been a warm, sunny day, I went with a pale hoppy beer.
I have a few of these left still, bought almost a year ago now. Its still got lots of bitter hopiness, slightly toned down than when fresh and I think I prefer it for that.
_20210331_190044.JPG

Very late to the party, but needs must. Completely missed the best of the day as putting virtual fires out when certain colleagues went into wholly unnecessary panic mode between 3-5pm today. Bar-stewards.

Chilled a bit with a large gin from the missus (on a Wednesday! I must have looked like I needed it) before shovelling some compost and laying a couple of paving slabs as therapy.

Happily restored to my rightful happy place now sampling my Burton Bridge Golden Delicious. Not sure after the first couple of samples so thought it best to keep trying. Not bad for 13 days from pitching the yeast and over a week in the PB. Beginning to clear.
rps20210331_202518.jpg

Last edited:
Made a starter on Sunday with wyeast 1214. Was going to chuck it out last night because it was showing no sign of life. Today it took of, never experienced a lag like that before. It says it slow to start but 3 days
IMG_20210331_202642686.jpg
So my Belgian single is back on😀

Technically Not a Galaxy Vienna Smash APA 6.3%
CD6DD079-A7AF-4380-9E69-EFBECDDEE3DD.jpeg

Basically 80% Vienna 20% Wheat hopped with Galaxy.

This has almost a creamy taste to it (I presume it’s the wheat maybe) but either way it’s a very soft flavour, no hop burn and unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it extremely easy to drink for the ABV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back