What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting tonight (afternoon beers don’t count :rolleyes:) with a 6.5% Belgian Single from @samale

The beer is a lovely golden colour tinged with an orange hue and almost clear, carbonation is fairly soft. The head dissipated quickly but could be roused again by swirling the beer.

View attachment 48410
The aroma is typically Belgian and there’s a soft mildly toffee aroma. I think I’m picking up a little hoppiness too.

The flavour is again typically Belgian but is quite light and refreshing with no clue of the strength. Bitterness is mild and more evident in the finish which is quite dry making the beer easy drinking.
Carbonation is far to light for the style. Not sure what happened. Some nice soft flavour of it. 👍👍

I’m starting tonight (afternoon beers don’t count :rolleyes:) with a 6.5% Belgian Single from @samale

The beer is a lovely golden colour tinged with an orange hue and almost clear, carbonation is fairly soft. The head dissipated quickly but could be roused again by swirling the beer.

View attachment 48410
The aroma is typically Belgian and there’s a soft mildly toffee aroma. I think I’m picking up a little hoppiness too.

The flavour is again typically Belgian but is quite light and refreshing with no clue of the strength. Bitterness is mild and more evident in the finish which is quite dry making the beer easy drinking.

Now that looks nice!

First brew that I controlled fermentation temperature and did basic water chemistry and it’s turned out very decent (for my standards) Subtle mango/pineapple flavours and aroma. Picture makes it look darker than it is.
2ED0D7F9-559D-48FA-8620-FE517AEA0675.jpeg

Attachments

• 5C3EC8B6-4DC4-42E7-A8AE-84B7ED9625AE.jpeg
    5C3EC8B6-4DC4-42E7-A8AE-84B7ED9625AE.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 42
Having this from CW whilst I put the rest of my bottles of my brew in the fridge. Has half a ton of trub in it, but tastes lovely, huge hit of citra. Cheers all 🍻
8FFD03AE-B0DD-422A-AE89-19F999DA62B9.jpeg

Felt the same hb. Had 3 faith hazy pale ales
2 gin and tonics
Bottle of Shiraz
And the best steak I have ever had followed with a remy Martin and now rolled back into the hotel room to have a few more gin and tonics. It’s a hard life we live.
Looks like you had a good night John, i would be flat out :laugh8: well not in my younger days athumb..

Looks like you had a good night John, i would be flat out :laugh8: well not in my younger days athumb..
Rod currently lying on the bed with a bloated belly unable to do anything after that lot. But sure gin isn’t even filling and I did get slimline tonic 😜
It’s a once off so will go with the flow and worry in the morning. Changed breakfast from 8 to 9 just to be safe lol
Won’t even mention the Guiness during the day.

Rod currently lying on the bed with a bloated belly unable to do anything after that lot. But sure gin isn’t even filling and I did get slimline tonic 😜
It’s a once off so will go with the flow and worry in the morning. Changed breakfast from 8 to 9 just to be safe lol
Won’t even mention the Guiness during the day.
Where did you go for dinner

Felt the same hb. Had 3 faith hazy pale ales
2 gin and tonics
Bottle of Shiraz
And the best steak I have ever had followed with a remy Martin and now rolled back into the hotel room to have a few more gin and tonics. It’s a hard life we live.

That sounds like a good night to me. athumb..

I also had steak but gutted I overcooked it :mad: It wasn’t completely ruined but it was medium to well and I have no one to blame but myself. I think the whisky was to try and console myself!

I’ve got a couple of bottles of Remy...🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back