What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a mixed bag tonight
First up Beerhawk advent calendar day 17 and it's very mehh
imgly_7101310934106959463.jpg

Next was advent calendar day 18 and this was excellent
20211222_214120.jpg

And one that @chippytea would approve of
20211222_223403.jpg

Bit of a mixed bag tonight
Looks like our countries are doing some trading--I like it. EU can send some extra Piraat beer this way (spelling?). That stuff is great.
Founders makes my favorite beer. I have yet to see (or will never see if they are making it solely for the UK) the one you posted though. Very cool.

Good proof-reading spot there (😉 pun intended)!
I think the chartist thought in, and started with GB Proof.
The 4/7 is a good rule of thumb close approximation, not an absolute (pun #2 👌) correct factor. Just like Pi isn't actually exactly 22/7.
He also is rounding to 3 significant figures, the 125 British Proof figures looks even worse. It converts to 71.3% and rounds up from 142.6 to 143US Proof.
My beers don't come out anywhere near that %, and we're not allowed to distill at home! 😜
Yeah, "proof-reading" was very good.
Pi isn't exactly 22/7? Mind blown.
It's not a big deal; I just wanted proof that I hadn't missed some minor, possibly relevant detail.

Lotus hop, I haven't heard of that one, this one is too bad.

PXL_20211223_001741257.jpg

Looks like our countries are doing some trading--I like it. EU can send some extra Piraat beer this way (spelling?). That stuff is great.
Founders makes my favorite beer. I have yet to see (or will never see if they are making it solely for the UK) the one you posted though. Very cool.
I picked up a 4 pack of KBS and Breakfast Stout today at Target, 9.99 for both. They had a couple more 4 packs of KBS I might pick them up tomorrow.

Seems like a glassware kind of night (I saw someone's very cool beer glass). Yours takes the cake. What is that? Is there a purpose besides being neat looking? That is a holder there due to the unusual shape?
Thanks.
Legend has it that it was designed specifically for stagecoach drivers to have a shlurp whilst waiting for their next customer. It has a rounded bottom so it needs the wooden holder to stop it falling over. The shape also improves aroma and flavour, like all Belgian beer glasses are designed to enhance the beer.

Checking out my carbonation on my Citra IPA ready for Christmas, a few years ago I would have drank gallons of this stuff but the hops really don't do it for me any more.
This Golden ale is more like it, tagged with a triangle of Stilton cheese, though a triangle per pint could work out expensive, even though I got a good deal on the cheese. You Poms have got it made great beer AND cheese.
Have a good Christmas everyone.
002.JPG 004.JPG

006.JPG 009.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back