What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last of the “goodies”, a Four Pure Citrus DIPA. Very tasty and not much of a clue that it’s a strong beer. Nice.

E4AF4B6D-376E-4C3D-8B69-68EE99B7583C.jpeg

With a wedge of extra strong Cheddar and a WC IPA😋

I wasn't sure about this beer intially but it's definitely getting better with age..37days in kegView attachment 72297
I am just trying my rye pale as well, it's a beer that I wasn't really enjoying. It's actually not bad, I need to either buy another keg and start a rotation or one needs to kick.

Having another Two Hearted IPA with a fresh palate this time.
Pours a light copper colour, well carbonated with a lacy white head, Centennial is a beautiful hop, and the aroma of pine on pouring is massive. A bit of grapefruit comes through on resmelling.
The taste is big bright bready malts with a just little crystal sweetness to offset the the high bitterness levels. Again, pine and citrus hop character predominates.
It’s got medium body, and hides the 7% ABV really well.

No photo sorry, but if I took one it would look just the same as Sundays.

Pours a light copper colour, well carbonated with a lacy white head, Centennial is a beautiful hop, and the aroma of pine on pouring is massive. A bit of grapefruit comes through on resmelling.
The taste is big bright bready malts with a just little crystal sweetness to offset the the high bitterness levels. Again, pine and citrus hop character predominates.

I don't think we have had the best Centennial in the UK recently. I hadn't been that impressed with my centennial beers...then I tasted Track colab with Cosby hops Centennial DIPA...fantastic beer. Never tasted centennial like it 🤯

I am just trying my rye pale as well, it's a beer that I wasn't really enjoying. It's actually not bad, I need to either buy another keg and start a rotation or one needs to kick.
I have been thinking that some beers just need time and that I needed another fridge for cold conditioning and a couple of extra kegs😋💸

Check the date on the cans, if you get a fresh one they lean more to grapefruit and citrus then after a month of so they definitely go malty and piney. It's interesting how much they change.

No photo.
https://www.whiskycastle.com/p-3216-house-malt-100-proof-the-whisky-cellar-571-70cl.aspxHad a wallet emptying trip on sunday. By far the best whisky shop in scotland.
Is that the shop with the giant bottle of whisky? Or did have dhen I went I there nearly 20 years ago.
Went into the shop and there wasn't a shop keeper to be seen..my mate marvelled at the giant whisky bottle and we conferred as to whether it was real...at which I tested the reality of the bottle by dinging my wedding ring on it a few times.. this brought a distraught looking shop keeper out the back like Mr. Ben who kindly asked me not to "do that!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back