What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This.
950A70D2-E540-4593-A255-0D56D882FACF.jpeg

Swiftly followed by one of my old ales, and then @matt76 NPS Stout, really nice. Well carbed, possibly just over? Nice thick creamy head which lasts the whole glass. Initially a sort of coffee, chocolate taste leading to a strong roastiness. Malty bitterness, there is some hop flavour, I wonder if a bit more might add a bit to it? Quite full bodied once warmed up and a lovely malty aroma. Nice!

20220205_220651.jpg

@dave_77

Hop Schedule, bearing in mind the southern cross was around 13% and Magnum around 11% it was quite a bit for a pils, perhaps less/or no Magnum next time, will defo do this again though.

15g magnum
10g southern cross @60

15g southern cross @ 10

40g southern cross, hopsteep at 70-75c for 30 mins.

@dave_77

Hop Schedule, bearing in mind the southern cross was around 13% and Magnum around 11% it was quite a bit for a pils, perhaps less/or no Magnum next time, will defo do this again though.

15g magnum
10g southern cross @60

15g southern cross @ 10

40g southern cross, hopsteep at 70-75c for 30 mins.
What size batch was this ? Speaking to the brewery they said they only used it late and it still translated into high bitterness.
I would probably keep magnum for a smoother bitterness and take out the 60min southern addition and leave it to the late hopping.

What size batch was this ? Speaking to the brewery they said they only used it late and it still translated into high bitterness.
I would probably keep magnum for a smoother bitterness and take out the 60min southern addition and leave it to the late hopping.

Oh yeah that would help... I was going for 19l so it was thereabouts.

4kg pilsner and 1 kg vienna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back