What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loveing this psuedo larger, I might just brew another we are away on the 20th so brew and leave till we get back
5FCA207B-3AB5-487A-9E89-32FBB7F01C81.jpeg

Last edited:
Passion fruit and clementine Gose that is almost finished from the keg ☹️.

Roasted rhubarb cream and custard flavour filled biscuits finished off the contribution to the school tomorrow - I miscounted the biscuits so one is missing a top - which I’m leaving for my daughter when she comes in from sports.
699F11BF-3A87-4A9D-8C91-824C2E7F9620.jpeg

Except teachers are paid an annual salary, not hourly.
So they give their time tomorrow for no extra remuneration.
Such is a professional vocation. 👍
I was taking the ****. Nice it's on the weekend, more parents can attend. Around here teachers wouldn't work on a weekend. They demand an extra week off in the summer because of the Royal Welsh show.

Seeing that most on here are drinking a beer from another member, I thought I would join in the act.

Another food beer from @dave_77
Altbier is not a style I have had before so can't really compare. Nice malty lager like beer. Malt forward, bready, almost a slight toast flavour. Floral and spicy flavours coming through. Very clean. Cheers pal.

Attachments

• 20220610_212249.jpg
    20220610_212249.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 0
I was taking the ****. Nice it's on the weekend, more parents can attend. Around here teachers wouldn't work on a weekend. They demand an extra week off in the summer because of the Royal Welsh show.
It is good that they do the sports day at the weekend, the primary and secondary schools are next to each other so they do sports for both of the schools on the day except for the really little ones. It also means parents have no excuse not to come along and support the children!

It is good that they do the sports day at the weekend, the primary and secondary schools are next to each other so they do sports for both of the schools on the day except for the really little ones. It also means parents have no excuse not to come along and support the children!
Unless they work weekends.

Just back from a lot of cocktails some gin and a t bone steak and seen this in the shop bit of an oxymoron. A dry hopped lager from carlsberg. I know. I only bought it as my dog is called Luna (in kennels at the min) possibly dry hopped with sazz 🤷‍♂️ Better than a carlsberg and likely better on draught.

Attachments

• 9F0F73DD-9893-43AB-AE24-396EAB4A9F06.jpeg
    9F0F73DD-9893-43AB-AE24-396EAB4A9F06.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
Seeing that most on here are drinking a beer from another member, I thought I would join in the act.

Another food beer from @dave_77
Altbier is not a style I have had before so can't really compare. Nice malty lager like beer. Malt forward, bready, almost a slight toast flavour. Floral and spicy flavours coming through. Very clean. Cheers pal.
Cheers mate..It does go well with food..just had a pint of it with a chicken kebab😋

Just back from a lot of cocktails some gin and a t bone steak and seen this in the shop bit of an oxymoron. A dry hopped lager from carlsberg. I know. I only bought it as my dog is called Luna (in kennels at the min) possibly dry hopped with sazz 🤷‍♂️ Better than a carlsberg and likely better on draught.
Where did you pick that up John? Haven't seen that around here.

Last beer for tonight, a Dark Mild from @Hazelwood Brewery. The only other dark mild I’ve had was brewed by another forum member (from memory @The-Engineer-That-Brews) and that was a couple of years ago. The aroma is toasty dark malts with a maybe a bit of coffee coming through. The flavour is rich with dark malts, and a nice balance of dry roast and dark caramel sweetness. Bitterness levels are high enough to balance the malty sweetness but not take over. Hop character is low. The body and mouthfeel are light to medium with a lovely dry finish that pulls you back for another swig.
I’d love to see how you balanced the roasted and caramel malts in the recipe, the nail was hit squarely on the head for my taste. It’s a malt forward refreshing beer that I could easily drink all night. Cheers H, and thank you for sharing 👏. It’s a great style of beer that i’ve only had once before and I’ll really need to drink more of.

2C60CC97-F35B-4795-8270-C9640DD93CB1.jpeg

Where did you pick that up John? Haven't seen that around here.
Seems from looking online it’s a special for the Turkish market (I’m in dalyan at the min.) you get a slightly better taste initially from the dry hop then it's all carlsberg from there I’m afraid. Not worth the flight kellz.

Happy Friday everyone! My first beer tonight is an absolute gem from @Donegal john an American Pale Ale with Simcoe and Summit and BRY-97.
Its a classic example of style; great clarity and carbonation, citrus hops predominant the aroma but are balanced with some tropical hop flavour and stone fruit esters on the palate. The finish is dry and refreshing, it was gone in 10 minutes. That’s another very well thought out and executed pale ale John, thank you for sharing it.

View attachment 69819
Cheers Alastair. It’s a repeat brew so well enough nailed down. I like it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back