What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daughter’s boyfriend just landed in with this for me so it would be rude not to. Sick or not. Pale ale out first.
A63EF216-B9BF-4786-AA9A-C9657DABE102.jpeg

Only half a working day to go to finish for the festive holidays, and I'm working from home, so it's beer time. Picked up these two in a Wine & Spirits shop while being dragged around the shops in Glasgow yesterday - every cloud....

20221221_205332.jpg
20221222_204554.jpg

And the labels just slid off the bottles after being soaked in hot water for 5 minutes. More bottles for my brews!

Time for guest beer No 2, a chocolate and coffee Impy stout weighing in at 10% ABV. @samale gave this to me over 6 months ago, but it had Christmas written all over it and clearly had the legs to last until now. And what a great contrast to follow the black lager.
Pours with a dark tan long lasting head and when held to the light is inky black. The aroma is dark fruit and molasses. Coffee and chocolate both come through clearly on tasting but are perfectly mellow and balanced with dark roast malt flavours. I guessing this would have been a beast of a beer when I got it, but now it’s perfectly soft, round and smooth. The mouthfeel is full and creamy, the flavour is long and the lasting taste is dark chocolate. There’s no hint of alcohol warmth whatsoever and no dark grain astringency for such a big beer.
Thank you for sharing an exceptional brew.
3AC0E9FC-E1E7-4A6C-A0C3-9A146814F87F.jpeg

From the tree(s) Cider from 2 years ago, apples collected from my garden trees and foraged from around the area, still sharp but this is as 'scrumpy' as it gets. I haven't done any brewing for a while but it's great to sample existing, conditioned bottles I've stored of beers and cider.Compliments of the season everyone.All the best.
IMG_20221222_213823.jpg

I have stuck to my guess and I wasn't far off. The new limited edition release beers. It wasn't the beer I was thinking of. Naughty and nice is what I had, second image is what I was thinking of.

Attachments

• 20221222_221742.jpg
    20221222_221742.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00133_900x.png
    DSC00133_900x.png
    567.4 KB · Views: 0
Time for guest beer No 2, a chocolate and coffee Impy stout weighing in at 10% ABV. @samale gave this to me over 6 months ago, but it had Christmas written all over it and clearly had the legs to last until now. And what a great contrast to follow the black lager.
Pours with a dark tan long lasting head and when held to the light is inky black. The aroma is dark fruit and molasses. Coffee and chocolate both come through clearly on tasting but are perfectly mellow and balanced with dark roast malt flavours. I guessing this would have been a beast of a beer when I got it, but now it’s perfectly soft, round and smooth. The mouthfeel is full and creamy, the flavour is long and the lasting taste is dark chocolate. There’s no hint of alcohol warmth whatsoever and no dark grain astringency for such a big beer.
Thank you for sharing an exceptional brew.
View attachment 79653
I wish I had some left, nice beer but unfortunately some ended up over carbonated. My aim for next year is to brew a few more and let them sit until winter 👍

Feeling human again so I've poured myself @samale Belgian Brett Saison with some trepidation as I'm not keen on brett'd stuff usually. This though was decent, a nice lemony (generic citrus) aroma, looked golden, a bit hazy, nice head and well carbonated. Tastewise, found it quite peppery, zesty. Mouthfeel, dry, perhaps a little thin but fine. Overall I didn't get much Brett which is a good thing for me, otherwise I've enjoyed it, perhaps would have enjoyed it more in the summer though! 😄

View attachment 79643
That's a stocking filler 😂
Not my best beer but it's all a learning experience

Guest beer No.1, a Swartzbier kindly sent to me by @dave_77. Held to the light it’s a deep amber colour and clear as a bell. It’s clean, dry and light to drink. Overall, it’s well balanced, bready malts stand out with a very restrained roast malt character in the background. Any bitterness is coming from noble flavoured hops. It’s a great brew, I haven’t had a go at this style yet. I was planning to brew a Vienna next week but might change plan after this. Cheers mate 👏👏
View attachment 79647
Glad you enjoyed, it's all gone now☹️ it's my favourite dark style to brew so will do another batch in the new year at some point.

I know this is a ridiculous time of day to post in the "What are you drinking tonight" thread, but here's my explanation - I've been on nightshift since Sunday and I've just finished not only my nightshift but my work for the year is done - happy holidays 🙂 so I figured I'd celebrate with a beer and a damn nice one it is too.
20221223_064343.jpg

I know this is a ridiculous time of day to post in the "What are you drinking tonight" thread, but here's my explanation - I've been on nightshift since Sunday and I've just finished not only my nightshift but my work for the year is done - happy holidays 🙂 so I figured I'd celebrate with a beer and a damn nice one it is too.
View attachment 79664
Enjoy the break

Two stubbies of Baltic Porter. I have 1 slab left a great beer and I would encourage this to be on a brew list. But it has to be lagered. Smooth as silk raisins, and the feel of alcohol going down. Can't believe this is only my second brew of this.
002.JPG

003.JPG

Finishing up with a bitter,
004.JPG

005.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back