What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those supermarket ales that somedays taste meh but on a sunny day like today is just right.
20230701_184629.jpg

Nice. Have you a recipe for it?
Hi SMP pretty much as per graham wheeler recipe 23l 4.5 Kg pale malt 300g torrified wheat( if I have any) also using 300 g rice hulls to avoid stuck mash
mash @ 65 for 60 mins boil 60 mins
start boil 25g fuggles 15g northdown
protofloc 50 min
flameout 10g east kent Goldings
Yeast wise used SO4 and nottingham, ive not got a very fine pallet so couldnt tell any difference tbf, we did brew using Holdens brewery yeast ( another black country brewery) and that made a massive difference, tasted just like pukka draught from the pub, didnt last very long tho!
og 1045-1048 fg 1010 so abv c4.5
me and my lads find it too damn drinkable!
hope this helps cheers
Ian

Excellent info thanks, used to drink in the Lamp Tavern and they did a lovely pint of bathems, how did you get some of Holdens yeast?
Ahh nostalgia there.. me too. moved to black country c1980 and loved all the beers Bathams , Holdens, Simkiss , Banks's, Ma Pardoes et al
My son was brewing at Holdens about 8 years ago and you used to be be able to rock up with a flask and they would give you some fresh yeast.
I dont know if thats the case now tho.
Happy days indeed.athumb..

Early afternoon lunch with the missus back at The Dubrovnik Brewing company. Pulled pork sandwich for her and crispy chicken for me. A small Goa hazy IPA for her and a large Fortunal pale ale, well two actually, for me
IMG-20230701-WA0000.jpg

Afternoon drinkies was one of these...
IMG_20230701_134022771_HDR.jpg

Clean and fresh.
Then after dinner "stumbled" across a cocktail bar and had
IMG_20230701_221136886.jpg

..a nice gin and tonic for me and a negroni for SWMBO.

Had a few a of own in the garden brewing and kicking the ball about with the young boy. Had a few commercial beers as well
IMG_20230701_220903283.jpg
Nice beer I have had before
IMG_20230701_215523423.jpg
This got tipped, just not for me. No of flavours but I didn't want to waste time on a beer that was below average 😕
Scraggy bay as well, top quality as usual

What did you think of your first weissbier chippy?

Very good, I posted this yesterday.
(no longer have 2 in the fridge)

Good news it was a cracker and i will buy it again (still have two in the fridge)

As i said my taste buds are not what they used to be and i couldn't taste banana so i gave SWMBO and my Son a taste and asked them what they could taste and they both mentioned banana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back