What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried a St Austell Cornish Best Ale earlier
3.4% for £1.25 in Asda, it was really good for the ABV level and excellent value.
Screenshot_20231114-213626.png

Homemade? Recipe please.

Homemade? Recipe please.
Finally got the Honey porter brewed today.
A pretty straight forward brew day in the nice walk sun, even managed to top up with the swimming pool with the warm water from the chiller - yes I did have a dip afterwards.
The HONEY malt in the recipe is the actual honey and will be added at high krausen. The honey is from a local guy that I know, it is lovely stuff.

Follow this to my recipe page. Honey instead of the honey malt. Dark malts go into the mash at mash out.

View attachment 91804
Enjoyed these so much the full glasses didn't get a look in.
The gin was more obviously ginny than many these days. a 47%er so clearly a dutyfree purchase.
The French Sav. Blanc (c/o Sainsbury's) was great with SWMBOd's plain cooked Plaice with parsley butter.
Just watched a couple of episodes of Bodies.
Very good limited Netflix series.
We've finished bodies. Really enjoyed it. No spoilers in case your still watching. I wrote down two predictions, one was right, one was technically right (but not really).

I like ginny gin, I think my favourite is Thomas Dakin.

This is up next a lovely beer View attachment 91893
I wanted to make a clone of this earlier in the year but when I checked their website it had conflicting information about which hops were used so I emailed them (no reply). Just checked and it looks like they've sorted it (well mainly, the tasting notes mention 3 hops but there is 4 in the hops section). Might give it a go now.

Congratulations to No.2 son who has finally scored his first bar job. He scored the interview by mentioning home brew on the application and spent most of it talking about entering a Pils in Lager Than Life last year. (He wisely left out the part about only getting 19).

That counts as a big win for the HBF. I’m having another Smithwicks to celebrate, I really should have made him pour it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back