What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perusing Aldi website they have Brewdog Punk 440ml can for £1.29! Asda is around £2.25. They also have some Christmas type beers with a cork in..
My son likes lager...any of theirs to recommend?
I might nip out..

Perusing Aldi website they have Brewdog Punk 440ml can for £1.29! Asda is around £2.25. They also have some Christmas type beers with a cork in..
My son likes lager...any of theirs to recommend?
I might nip out..
My Aldi experience is that they haven’t the same beer in store as the website so watch out for that.

Belgian pale while I cook some burgers and chips
IMG_20231129_183637.jpg
IMG_20231129_185323.jpg

Last edited:
Do you prefer Beamish over Guinness
In the same way that I prefer rib-eye over sirloin😂
Beamish is drier and has a coffee roast character that Guinness lacks. I gather that is down to a late boil addition of finely ground roasted barley but I could be wrong. I have engaged the input of a visiting expert this Saturday, especially now I have the nitro tap up and running. Expect feedback of the afternoon in this thread.

(I was supposed to be doing organising Santa swaps, but they’ll have to wait until the hangover settles on Sunday)

Beamish is drier and has a coffee roast character that Guinness lacks. I gather that is down to a late boil addition of finely ground roasted barley but I could be wrong. I have engaged the input of a visiting expert this Saturday, especially now I have the nitro tap up and running. Expect feedback of the afternoon in this thread.

(I was supposed to be doing organising Santa swaps, but they’ll have to wait until the hangover settles on Sunday)

I think @phildo79 has had success with the Jamil recipe. Recommends you crush the roasted barley almost to a powder, but this is mashed rather than added to boil. Although if it's grouns to a powder I'm sure a fair bit would make it into the boil.

Rib-eye all day long 💪

I think @phildo79 has had success with the Jamil recipe. Recommends you crush the roasted barley almost to a powder, but this is mashed rather than added to boil. Although if it's grouns to a powder I'm sure a fair bit would make it into the boil.
The Jamil recipe is the one that keeps coming up online. It’s been a while since I looked at it, must check it out again. I might have misremembered mash and boil. I’ve liked all of the Jamil recipes I’ve brewed, but I would say, never ferment Hefeweizen at 17C, he’s completely wrong on that front!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back