What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1000056359.jpg

Chocolate Hazelnut Stout flavoured with Frangelico and aged on Oak.

Just a taster to see how the oak is developing. Very happy with this but does need some more time for the oak to come through properly.

Now on to a Cold IPA kindly shared by @Alastair70 . Looks good with decent head on it, there was nice lacing on the glass.
Aroma was on the low side, slightly apricot type aroma maybe. Got a crisp mouthfeel with a balanced bitterness, not in your face making easy drinking. Hops give flavours of mandarin and peach for me.. doesn't strike me as American hops..can't put my finger on it..maybe Oz/NZ hops. Nice, clean easy drinking pint. Thanks for sending 😊
IMG_20231222_201723.jpg

Now on to a Cold IPA kindly shared by @Alastair70 . Looks good with decent head on it, there was nice lacing on the glass.
Aroma was on the low side, slightly apricot type aroma maybe. Got a crisp mouthfeel with a balanced bitterness, not in your face making easy drinking. Hops give flavours of mandarin and peach for me.. doesn't strike me as American hops..can't put my finger on it..maybe Oz/NZ hops. Nice, clean easy drinking pint. Thanks for sending 😊
View attachment 93688
You've just described Ernest.
Just as a possibility mind you.

View attachment 93688
Cheers, glad you enjoyed it. There’s been a bit of hop fade creeping in. El Dorado was the big hitter hot side, and it got 80g total of El Dorada, Citra, Chinook and Centennial as a dry hop.
I’m a big fan of the style and will be doing a few more of these next year, different recipe next time.

I’ve moved on to Rust Bucket (no photo, sorry) also on the to brew list. I got a kilo of Rye malt in the last GEB delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back