What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20230418_185805.jpg

Wooh hooh!
Last of the January OOD stash left over from my Beer52 subscription.
BBE 25.01.2023.
A good flavoursome Marzen lager (unfiltered natural style and full bodied they say) I can fully agree with that. 🍺

IMG_20230418_193420.jpg

And on to BBE February beers.
A Watermelon IPA with El Dorado hops, Watermelon and grapefruit juices.
It sure is watermelon skin green!
And fruity.
Probably better suited to quaffing on a Summer's ee'n in a Sun warmed, walled garden.
But I needed to have it before then!
How do I source some more to test my hypothesis? In Kent.
🍻

Oh no! How did that happen?

It's had a crack for a long time, but I was just wiping it today and then I noticed it was loose at the front. I guess someone must've dropped a pan on it or something and not said. Good excuse to change it for an induction hob though. When I bought this house that's what I thought I was getting. Those lying bast@rd estate agents!

View attachment 84596

And fruity.
Probably better suited to quaffing on a Summer's ee'n in a Sun warmed, walled garden.
🍻
Super brewery and some great barrel aged beers
https://www.thewhitehag.com/

View attachment 84596

And fruity.
🍻

Oh no thank you. 😄

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/bo-berry-pils-west-coast-pilsner.664571/
This is a good thread from which to make a start from and there's Timbo Pils by Highland Park that seems to be the benchmark. I've got one coming up soon on my 'to brew' list.
Funny I have been wanting to do one of these for a while too and had that recipe in mind. Here is the description.

Light and bright with in-your-face tropical, citrus and dank aromas from the HBC 586, Mosaic & Strata dry-hop. Balanced bitterness leads to an incredibly drinkable and repeatable West Coast Pilsner.

I am assuming it's just pils malt with a whirlpool and dry hop. It's quite bright fruitwise and I am wondering which hops does that Strata or HBC 586 which I have never tried.

Funny I have been wanting to do one of these for a while too and had that recipe in mind. Here is the description.

Light and bright with in-your-face tropical, citrus and dank aromas from the HBC 586, Mosaic & Strata dry-hop. Balanced bitterness leads to an incredibly drinkable and repeatable West Coast Pilsner.

I am assuming it's just pils malt with a whirlpool and dry hop. It's quite bright fruitwise and I am wondering which hops does that Strata or HBC 586 which I have never tried.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/bo-berry-pils-west-coast-pilsner.664571/post-9228692
This should link to the OG recipe from the brewery. It states 45% both Pale & Pilsner malt + 10% Dextrine. Highland use Saphir on the hotside and Citra / Mosaic dry hop. You could do something similar with a noble hop hotside then whatever West Coast hops coldside? I've used Strata several times and I like it, goes well with Southern Hemisphere hops or the usual Citra / Mosaic. It seems completely open to interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back