What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality control on one of the prizes for this months comp while the pizza oven warms up.
Munich Helles from Tilt & Pour in Belfast. Perfect balance between malt complexity and Nobel hoppery. It would be a strong contender if they were allowed to enter!
B92753E3-F026-4E6E-ACFC-21AE5ABE6235.jpeg

WCIPA next
Not sure what is up with this beer.
My wife poured one earlier, it was a beautiful golden colour, aroma and flavour was citrus with a nice resin bitterness. I pour a pint, its a bit duller in flavour and aroma and the colour looks more oxidised than golden.

I will be sending a few bottles out next week to see what people think

Attachments

• 20230421_204851.jpg
    20230421_204851.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 0
WCIPA next
Not sure what is up with this beer.
My wife poured one earlier, it was a beautiful golden colour, aroma and flavour was citrus with a nice resin bitterness. I pour a pint, its a bit duller in flavour and aroma and the colour looks more oxidised than golden.

I will be sending a few bottles out next week to see what people think
Did you use BRY-97 by any chance? I've used that yeast 3 times for WCIPA and I get the same as what you're describing and it never clears to the bottom of the keg.

Did you use BRY-97 by any chance? I've used that yeast 3 times for WCIPA and I get the same as what you're describing and it never clears to the bottom of the keg.
No. Cml 5. It's not meant to be a old school clear beer but more golden hazy bitter west coast. Just find it out that its a different colour in thr matter of hours.

This was a user up beer and I finished off my crafty maltsters pale malt. I have found that malt gives me a mucky appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back