What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Ampersand NZ Pils. Very tasty, shame I only got one (should have had two in my box but they must've been running low so sent a hazy pale instead).

20231102_164708.jpg

Testing my Helles (British Malt/German Hops/Andechs Yeast).

Counter-pressure filled 3 bottles when transferring from Brewzilla to keg.

Has had about 3.5 weeks lagering, but keg will be lagered for 6 (I just couldn't wait).

20231102_171135.jpg

Looks a bit dark in the photo, but is a clear gold when held up to the light.

Really pleased with this on first taste. Will let it warm up a bit in case the colld temperature is masking any faults.

Seen a few beers in Asda for less than £2 so lifted a few. Had a butty batch and wasn’t impressed so on this now. I don’t get the plastic that @Hazelwood Brewery memtioned I get a bit of fruit cake and a lot of dark malt and toffee decent enough beer for that money.
View attachment 91421
It could have been a different batch or badly stored..or just my dodgy taste buds!

I’ll have to buy another bottle from a different shop and give it another go.

Last edited:
Picked this up from Morrisons for £4 and it was great. Dark chocolate, with smooth roast character..hides the 8.5% very well. Smooth easy drinking not sweet which was great for me..I would but this again
View attachment 91422
I've just had northern monk's chocolate fudge brownie (from tesco) and that was a tidy drop nowhere near as sweet as the blurb made out but delicious nonetheless.

The fourth iteration of my American pale ale, really happy with it as it's pretty consistent and quite tasty indeed.

Mainly Chevalier malt with Lorien hops for aroma, earlier versions were a bit too biscuity for my liking to begin with but it's maturing very nicely.

Also giving me an excuse to try out my fabulous new Karnkreft tankard, this one's a bit on the big side but sometimes its necessary to drink three beers at once!

IMG_20231103_133415_713.jpg

I went to Sainsburys today and hoped to buy a bottle of Adnams Broadside to see if it was different to my last bottle but they didn’t have any. Clearly I couldn’t come home with nothing so I put these in my trolley.
55915E6D-C5C6-4C4D-A81B-CD452A42A5A1.jpeg

I’m starting with the lower ABV again. I actually think this might be the beer that Broadside was trying to be!
88CB166D-8ECC-44C6-8246-81823BAB9571.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back