What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried my first home brew Wherry earlier this evening. It's a bit young. Only three weeks in the bottle but I was desperate to try. Taste fine but certainly needs a little longer.

Just cracked open one of my favourites. Hopback Summer Lighting. Although I see these are no longer "Bottle Conditioned" but "Brewery Conditioned".

Still a great sup though.

There is a clone recipe of Summer Lightning in the GW book. Also a reference in Randy Mosher's Radical Brewing.

One I will brew again. it was great. Somehow the brew got a bit lost in the garage, so that it was quite well matured before it was actually drunk.

As it is essentially a substantial beer, and not a contemporary "craft" version of a 1970's 3.5% session beer, it had a better depth than the taster bottles.

Aldi Medusa, then something dark. I've got King Goblin and St Austell Proper Black. Might have both. I see PB is bottle conditioned, so if it's interesting, that's one to add to the yeast reculture to do list.

These to start -

Wells_Youngs_Courage_Directors__69392.1460621934.500.440.png
5235_1_1.jpg
LN_404793_BP_11.jpg

My local Tesco has clearance on goose island wheat, Guinness porter, and Cali common Belgium. Got two of each four just over a fiver.

My first ever kit woodforfes wherry. Absolutely tremendous really happy with the way it's turned out great kit!!!!

Thanks anyone who gave me great advice and helped me along in the forum!!!

er not sure I had a red top that was supposed to be a duvelex (low carbonation) but turned out to be my previous red top beer, with high carbonation and had half a glass of foam :doh: now what was it :hmm: ..... oh yeah working hard in the yard!

east vs west next then a st. bernardus abt 12 :whistle:

My take on London Pride......which looks more like Boddingtons..! (Tastes better though) :thumb:

1510164582277.jpg

A Directors Courage clone that I bottled almost a year ago. Found in the fridge.

Not bad :)

A saison that came out darker than I intended (it's OK though)
Greg Hughes' black IPA. Really lovely.

I'm on the American Imperial IPA from the Morton book. Far, far, far too drinkable.

dipa.jpg

Bloody big fridge if been there a year !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. It was my first kegged beer and had some left over so bottled. Been sat in the keg fridge since. Beer on tap means no need to drink the bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back