What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am definitely acquiring a taste for hops. Just opened a bottle of Founder's All Day IPA and it is absolutely gorgeous. I could drink a lot of this.... All Day, I suppose.

Thought we'd have a night off my beer. As I don't have a local bottle shop I had to resort to Tesco. The only one I haven't tried before is the Dragon stout which comes in at 7.2%, but I'm looking forward to the Atlantic more than anything else. Nicer than Doom Bar IMHO. Shame it's in a clear bottle though.

image.jpg

Mrs Tea got me 3 bottles of Punk IPA when she went to town earlier (i was not expecting them so am a little worried) i know i haven't tried many beers but this i really do like.

Saturday night at last and I've kicked the evening off with a can of piston head amber lager (very nice) and am in to a can of life and death by the vocation brewery (hop bomb loveliness).

Trying Mainbrace IPA which is new to me by Shepherd Neame
109657.jpg

Bit of a disappointment as it seems a bit thin but refreshing. Nice hops to start with but they soon leave the glass.

Wish more people would leave a full review on what these beers taste like.

Started with the Dragon Stout. Got the ABV wrong above as I didn't have my glasses on (bloody middle age :nono:). It's actually 7.5% and you can tell. It comes in a 284ml bottle thankfully.

I found it a little thin compared to other stouts I have tried, including my own oatmeal one, but this didn't matter. It's sweet, alcoholic but really smooth. I couldn't drink a lot of it but I would buy again.

Now which one next?

image.jpeg

My patersbier, which is either improving or its working well with what I ate tonight.

It's a little sweet (low Ibu i guess) but tasty and refreshing.

I might go back out for another couple of those Founder's All Day IPA, it's bloody magic that stuff. Going a treat with the curry I've made for tea (or dinner if your daan saarf).

I like dragon stout, your right about it being sweet. Unfortunately, my local tesco seems to have stopped stocking it. Oh well I'll just have to drink my own.

After driving my daughter to Gatwick this morning and then spending the rest of the day assembling a 4ft 6in by 6ft bunk bed I am having a well deserved skin full. JB IPA, Coopers Cerveza, Simply Yorkshire bitter, Simply Stout.

Mrs Tea got me 3 bottles of Punk IPA when she went to town earlier (i was not expecting them so am a little worried) i know i haven't tried many beers but this i really do like.

I didn't think you liked really hoppy beers..
correct me if Im wrong

Looking foward to a bottle of Bengal Lancer tonight (amongst others). Struggle to find it around my local shops so was chuffed to come across it.

Cracked open a bottle of my Ginger beer. It's improved so much and is really fizzy and nice. Still a bit young but I'm well happy with it :thumb:

Now i just need to drink some 60 pints of it in the next 4 weeks cos I'm moving abroad so need to pack all my bottles away...:drunk:

I've just had my first ever bottle of Spitfire, that Shepherd Neame one. I bloody enjoyed it too. I realise it's maybe surprising that at 40 years old (nearly!) and being as keen on my beers as I am, not having had it before. But, when I was younger, I was an obnoxious Northern tit and wouldn't drink "that cockney beer". These days I'm far less of an obnoxious Northern tit and it was given to me for nowt, so I've just had it. Jolly spiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back