What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a billionaire, I have the luxury of a personal shopper. Here she is, with tonight's recommendations;

cNdERqn6X5vBB2AYpp2AYJodLIuxk9ikwsuucUvudXrV46sISa40EMgu74TuiTR-dgqS_ft1PPbXu0j89ucu1T6h9_B-5dTvfNxi6t4nMTPGJBynrqnLJpVb9Xb1ENDh0RlRdTol3q-Ygrg_a96OIwMqEzAwdIqvAM5BJ_eKtnJvpVc6byHs7XXXTjNxsHFqnKxAG5DLLmpNCkQ60OCMf7PwnPAa4PFvAKbTya3CLTdHHPrCHpeyO67Q7viqg4RZpq1sX3sqcgPMKWnMDc-cx91MZE-_iIFDuV-vR36lw0SZEWpQRrxFJqysa65llF6oUj6wkIqRusBrRUBBddiil9TjDUJg0FJuLDR15MRXp611tZSRB0SwN9QZzJ6r-Y9T_miVm3mGm_odSitSFwF2EylWAHgmGfsLAwvSST17gU7cn_q2Twb-KYLHDnKCU05Qcxj1LtOY4FlEAy12bc4huqKktAFni7TKvyh7iDmf5NEuwTios_rZMxLfGe1_PmnCBAStKDJ3bq7vzHSNI0T9Po3BnY4QV2ksqdsBvTdVUYjVNtI_EKULQgwKt_Dfsw6ePGOImk0Y-LimjBtuid0Hfq8XjvvgvFAEhxeu93vC-ggYgzY5Cz26jYd8Gu0yXzKS_cmF5pfvJFIHshVLaNdkYAcPuAYObtWz=w1412-h794-no
she's keeping the wine for herself! :laugh8:

Haven't a few of my first extract attempt pale ales, brewed using my own hops.

Taste like an ice cream sodas, there is a very distinct lack of bitterness, but then I had no idea the AA of the hops. Still tasty though, crystal clear and a head that last the whole glass.

Next time I will use known hops for bittering and my own for flavour etc.

Left Hand Milk Stout tonight. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to pick one up in the UK. This is the beer at the centre of the law suit with White Labs I think. It's very tasty indeed, smooth and creamy with just the right amount of roasty bitterness

Attachments

• IMG_3589.JPG
    IMG_3589.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 72
My ales in the shed have all "warmed up" ...the new cascade ale has started to come good. The harviestoun ptarmigan is now good +........crystal clear,light head retention,nice bitterness with a lasting dry spice flavour....this is a definite repeat and will be kegged next time.

A man after my own heart by the sound of it.:thumb:No matter how **** a brew turns out, if it isn't infected it NEVER finishes up down the drain; but I still have a couple up on the shelf waiting to "come good"!:gulp:

Oh yes, it is nearly a year ago I made my last kit beer - a John Bull IPA. I should, with 20:20 hindsight have saved it for a high strength AG brew, but I thought it would be ideal for the 2017 BBQ season. I was not - in fact it tasted awful. probably still does. Everyone knows the "homebrew twang" and this one has it in spades. Can't bring myself to chuck it, just leaving it out to year for the next sample. 11th of March 2017 it was brewed (pitched). The brewing record is that I over-sparged an Exmoor Beast clone and decided it would be a good idea to add the left overs to a One Can Kit, brewed short. It was not.

First bottle of my Orkney Dark Island clone. Only been bottled a week but has carbed up nicely and the yeast (Gervin) has compacted well, unlike the bottle of homebrew I had at lunchtime made with CML yeast, still mobile after 2 months in the bottle and cooled around 6C for most of Xmas in the garage.

Had a couple of bottles of proper job.

Due to having run out of home brew I’m just finishing off some cans of beer that somebody brought over the Christmas period.

Sorry guys but I’m drinking a glass of Fosters. It’s ok though I’ve got a bar of soap to wash my mouth out with!

I'm trying to finish off the Wilco Pilsner with Cherry that i made at the end of August last year. From pitching the yeast to transferring it to the King Keg was only 10 days because we were heading for France the next day.

The FG was 1.010 but it obviously hadn't finished fermenting because at 75% empty all I still get out of the tap is a litre of foam that takes an age to settle. It tastes okay and I may make something similar come the summer, but it definitely isn't a winter drink!:gulp:

2 days off shift so making up for lost time, with a risky business, st bernardus abt 10, stone ipa, duvelex plus I fancy another beer or 2 from the shed :-)

2 days off shift so making up for lost time, with a risky business, st bernardus abt 10, stone ipa, duvelex plus I fancy another beer or 2 from the shed :-)
Ouch....my head might hurt but........

IMG_0172.JPG
Really enjoying this, light in body, no quite lager like as the speil would have you believe but a nice roast flavour to it.

Not getting the west coast hops but I am enjoying it. Oh and figured out my spegalu glass takes a whole 660ml bottle

Once again tonight's sampling (sic) confirms that hoppy ales should be drunk at around 10-12C. I am drinking a Cascade IPA bottled 16 December. This is much better warm than cold.
Also had a first taste of an Old Peculier clone bottled 23 December. Of late I find that I have a distinct preference for malty and dark over pale and hoppy.
Perhaps it is a seasonal thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back