what have you got

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dps51

Landlord.
Reaction score
what brewing equipment have you got
what would you change or what would you have got if you had the money
I have a ace micro brewery now
I started of with a stock pot on the stove
so I done my change of thing
also I have gone from pb to mini kegs

I want SHINY!!!

image.jpeg

Doing a mix of my last few kits and part mash in a stock pot. Seems to be going OK but a bit restrictive as having to make up the og with liquid or dry malt. Still contemplating my next move. ..

Just moved onto PECO boiler. Much improved and so much easier than stove top before.

Not quite sure where I will go next other than a wort chiller, I did desperately want shiny but can’t quite justify the investment or need yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of stock pots which go on to my stove top.
A couple of demijohns for fermenting duties and flip top bottles for bottling/dispensing.

All very basic but rewarding for my all grain brews.

Sticking to kits for the foreseeable so all I really need by way of kit is a few plastic buckets! Got quite a few of them.

Probably something I'd like to do near term is to get a Corny keg setup + kegerator. King Kegs are okay when they work.

Long term I'd like a Grain Father.

Useful stuff I have bought since arriving here - bottling bucket + little bottler, bottle rinser / sanitiser, a bench capper, and built two brew fridges with Inkbird / STC-1000 controllers.

I couldn't do AG due to a lack of space. I do have a life of sorts outside brewing! I decided to buy a 32l stock pot and have a go at a sort of BIAB and it worked. I started with 15l brews but found that by adding a dunk sparge stage I could get a much bigger volume. Today I did 24.6l. I used our electric cooker and it took an age to get it to the boil. We subsequently bought an AGA 60. It's 60cm wide like a conventional cooker but has a hot plate exactly the size of my stock pot. This saved masses of time. I sieve with net curtain voile and have a homemade IC made with bits I got from B and Q.
When not in use all my bits and pieces fit in the pan and hang in the garage.
I'd like to not have to lug nearly 30 kg of boiling hot pan and liquor around, so my best improvement would be a muscular servant.

Currently using a GF and a 32l stockpot with tap and 3 fermenters. If money were no object I'd sack it all off and open a bulk account with beers of the world dot com. :lol:

Currently using a GF and a 32l stockpot with tap and 3 fermenters. If money were no object I'd sack it all off and open a bulk account with beers of the world dot com. :lol:

A wilkos stock pot good for 12litres but only do 6-8 litre boils. one 30l fv and a 25 litres bb with tap and a bottling wand. I use a smaller stock pot ofr mini-mashes.

do you mean beers of europe.com? If money was no object i'd get my belgian fix from vanuxeem :grin::grin::grin:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowU...rneton_Hainaut_Province_Wallonia.html#REVIEWS

Bulldog Brewer, 20l stockpot for sparge water, two plastic FVs, brewfridge with greenhouse heater controlled by an Inkbird and hundreds of bottles.

A damaged liver
A former shed now unusable
A credit card bill
An unbreakable hobby /addiction
Oh, and a Burco boiler, theee FV's and a million bottles
And a Cwtch kit sitting at 3 degrees I can't get time to bottle

Took me a few years from the usual FV's DJ's etc from kits to 3 tier AG system.
But lacked temp control.
Now a tall and small fermintation fridge. One is tapped with corni keg.
But the best thing I bought is the grainfather..
One day I'll get a dedicated man cave ..not just the spare box room upstairs.
Think I be got what I want!! SS conical FV, two different SS hlt's.
Just take time...
Bri

Bulldog Brewer, a peco and a 15L stock pot. The one thing I don't have but would really like is a brew fridge. Soon I'll have one.

Grainfather, grainfather sparge water heater, 25 l stainless fermenter ( grainfather), 4 plastic bucket fermenters, 2 temp controlled fridges(ink bird), 1 larder fridge for my 4 corney kegs, inter taps with flow control for the kegs. Stir plate / 2l conical for yeast starters And harvesting. Too many bottles..
I would love to have a custom built rig on shelving , all stainless with pump and valve controlled movement between vessels. A mini brewery. 100 l would be fine. A couple of 100l stainless temp controlled fermenters. A taproom would be nice too...
Gus

I'm currently working on the Grizzly Brews 3VKR (3 Vessel Kettle Rims )

At the moment I brew using a kettle and 36.5L stainless mash tun. Kettle doubles up as HLT.

I've got all the kit ready to upgrade to the following;

Cygnet 27L HLT
Stainless 36.5 L Mash Tun
Cygnet 27L Kettle
*2 24V Pumps
*2 Inkbird PID's

Grizzly Brews 3VKR Control Panel.

I've also just been given *4 corny Kegs, donated kindly by the guys that I'm helping with a very big project. I'll be using two of them as sealed/pressurised fermenters.

Latest posts

Back