Which Vaccine? [poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Side effects -

• AstraZeneca - No side effects

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • AstraZeneca - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • AstraZeneca - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - No side effects

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Moderna - No side effects

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderna - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Moderna - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Could do with another category in between the wiped out and mild. I did feel cr@p for a couple of days

I have changed the third choice to Felt really rough for a couple of days.

I have reset all votes please vote again.

Last edited:
Had the AZ - felt medium+ grotty for a couple of days - not dissimilar to having :a bit of a bug' that many of us "suffer" from every year. Overall though as a trade of for avoiding a virus that will kill millions worldwide not a bad deal (deliberate understatement).
My advice - have the job just don't plan for running a marathon or a half-marathon later in the week

First AZ late January for me and mrs evvo. Me second dose week and a half ago. No symptoms at all for either of us.

Had my second Pfizer jab last week, bit of a sore upper arm for a couple of days but felt fine and no other side effects.

I understand the point of not being able to see the poll until you've voted, but I haven't had the jab yet and I'd really like to know people's experiences.
Hanging on for Sputnick 5 to be cleared, by the way.

I understand the point of not being able to see the poll until you've voted, but I haven't had the jab yet and I'd really like to know people's experiences.
Hanging on for Sputnick 5 to be cleared, by the way.

I will change the setting.

I had astra 16-2-21 no side effects second due 6-5 21, An someone needs to kick Macron up the **** but for him you would be were we are now
Macron's doing OK. The UK took a risk in "passing" Oxford- AZ before clinical trials were fully signed off and got ahead in the procurement race. It seems the gamble paid off, but you can't blame European leaders for being a bit more cautious. It's not like Macron to be slow in coming forward I must say and I pity the poor families stuck in city appartments. Out here in the countryside, on the hand, very little's changed except that houses which have lain empty for years are being snapped up by city dwellers.
I've got no particular axe to grind for or against the President, but I think he gets some pretty undeserved press.

Macron's doing OK. The UK took a risk in "passing" Oxford- AZ before clinical trials were fully signed off and got ahead in the procurement race. It seems the gamble paid off, but you can't blame European leaders for being a bit more cautious. It's not like Macron to be slow in coming forward I must say and I pity the poor families stuck in city appartments. Out here in the countryside, on the hand, very little's changed except that houses which have lain empty for years are being snapped up by city dwellers.
I've got no particular axe to grind for or against the President, but I think he gets some pretty undeserved press.
Fair enough AA you live there i only go off what i read and hear but , for him to rubbish our vaccine like he did is out of order seems like he consumed with jelousy and combined with the fact he overides his advisors just seems wrong, he has not to fear little Great Britain athumb..

The real gamble is delaying taking the vaccine, I had the AstraZeneca vaccine but I was happy to take any vaccine that I was offered. The risks of getting coronavirus are huge compared with any of the vaccines possible side effects. Delaying or stalling vaccines just gives the virus more opportunity to mutate ! Maybe I'm just being stupid 😉

The real gamble is delaying taking the vaccine, I had the AstraZeneca vaccine but I was happy to take any vaccine that I was offered. The risks of getting coronavirus are huge compared with any of the vaccines possible side effects. Delaying or stalling vaccines just gives the virus more opportunity to mutate ! Maybe I'm just being stupid 😉

I agree i would have taken any vaccine offered and ended up with the AZ the risk at my age of getting Covid far outweighed the risk from getting the vaccine and i say that know knowing there has been a link to brain tumours from the AZ vaccine, at 30 cases in 18 million i am not going to stress about it.

Had AZ slightly queasy that evening, fine the next day. My wife had it at the same time, no effects at all.

I agree i would have taken any vaccine offered and ended up with the AZ the risk at my age of getting Covid far outweighed the risk from getting the vaccine and i say that know knowing there has been a link to brain tumours from the AZ vaccine, at 30 cases in 18 million i am not going to stress about it.
I read that very large numbers of people hospitalized with severe covid 19 have suffered complications relating to blood clots, and include my friend and neighbour Keith, who has only 53 and with no pre-existing health conditions, wasn't on oxygen but tragically died in January as a result of a blood clot ! He didn't even get the chance of having a vaccine !!

I got the astrazeneca last Friday morning. Woke up on Saturday with a very sore arm. Was painful to touch it do anything with it. Later that day got aching joints and fatigue. Went to bed early on Saturday night and got a good sleep and woke up on the morning feeling ok but still had the sore arm
Sounds very similar to my experience, though I had a very sharp headache 30 mins afterwards which lasted about a day.

Latest posts

Back