Which Vaccine? [poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Side effects -

• AstraZeneca - No side effects

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • AstraZeneca - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • AstraZeneca - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - No side effects

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • BioNTech/Pfizer - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Moderna - No side effects

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderna - Mild side effects i carried on as usual.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Moderna - Felt really rough for a couple of days.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The real gamble is delaying taking the vaccine, I had the AstraZeneca vaccine but I was happy to take any vaccine that I was offered. The risks of getting coronavirus are huge compared with any of the vaccines possible side effects. Delaying or stalling vaccines just gives the virus more opportunity to mutate ! Maybe I'm just being stupid 😉
No. You're spot on. I was joking about the Sputnik. I was offered a jab by my old medical practice in the UK, but, first, there were no ferries running, and second, I really didn't fancy paying loads to isolate for a fortnight.
I'll have whatever's on offer as soon as I'm called up. I'm not as old as some others around here, but not expecting to have to wait long.

No. You're spot on. I was joking about the Sputnik. I was offered a jab by my old medical practice in the UK, but, first, there were no ferries running, and second, I really didn't fancy paying loads to isolate for a fortnight.
I'll have whatever's on offer as soon as I'm called up. I'm not as old as some others around here, but not expecting to have to wait long.
There's only one member older than you and if memory recalls his username is "Methuselah " :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: :coat:

Seems like I'm in the majority, had the AZ jab, the night after I had an average nights sleep, hot / cold type thing but nothing as bad as what you'd get with flu. Felt a little bit out of it the next day but fine after that. Sore arm lasted for ages though!

The Mrs and I got the AZ jab on 30/03/2021.

I felt knackered for about 36 hours and I had a sore neck on the same side as the injection site. I’ve still got a bruise and a lump at the injection site.

The Mrs had the shivers on the first night and felt rough on day after and also still has a bruise and a lump at the injection site.

If any of you have not come across Dr John Campbell he does a daily report on Ytube - very listernable . He showed a picture of an injection site with an almighty bruise on a woman's arm. He said the jab had been administered in the wrong place, too high up. I wonder how many sore arms that accounts for!
Only side affects I had was a night of shivers - funnily enough my sis suffered the same - genetics?

Slept really badly and woke up with a headache that lasted all day.

It was the sort of headache where you move your eyes and it hurts when you get to the extremes of movement.

Aches all over, but that may have been the HIIT class I did the day before.

Sore arm but no worse than the flu jab I had in Jan (I think)

Had the AZ 3 weeks ago 12hrs later I had quite strong flue symptoms. Freezing cold, shivers full body joint pain and mild headache. Lasted 6 hrs. Following morning just felt a little washed out and still a mild headache. That lasted another 12 hrs.
I’ve heard they most get symptoms on the first AZ jab, but nothing on the second.
The other way round with the Pfizer.
Had mine about 6 weeks ago, exactly the same side effects except a headache. Whole thing lasted 24 hours then back to normal. Arm was sore for about 4 days.

If any of you have not come across Dr John Campbell he does a daily report on Ytube - very listernable

I remember watching many of his videos about taking vitamin D when this all kicked off, i am still taking it because of his advice as you say very listenable.

This from yesterday -

I am begging to wonder if those that had the worst side effects (Felt really rough for a couple of day) were the ones that had already had the flue jab.

I haven't had a flue jab and didn't get any side effects from the AZ jab .

If you are one of the 9 in the poll that has reported having Felt really rough for a couple of days could you let us know in the thread if you had the flu jab before the covid one, thanks.

I am begging to wonder if those that had the worst side effects (Felt really rough for a couple of day) were the ones that had already had the flue jab.

I haven't had a flue jab and didn't get any side effects from the AZ jab .

If you are one of the 9 in the poll that has reported having Felt really rough for a couple of days could you let us know in the thread if you had the flu jab before the covid one, thanks.

Had my flu jab (first time I've had it) at the back end of September and 1st covid jab early Feb.

Cheers Tom

I haven’t had the flu jab. I have read that the immune response is stronger in younger people, as their immune systems are stronger, hence stronger side effects (which are basically just an immune response).

Had the AZ a couple of weeks ago. I polled "rough for a couple of days" but in reality it was only for a day or so. Chills, sore joints, headache and a really foggy head, couldn't think straight till the following evening. Arm was sore for about 4/5 days.
No flu jab here, never been called for it. Don't think I've had Covid-19 either, so I was glad to think that the symptoms meant I was working on producing anti-bodies.

Wife had Pfizer last week, slight chill, sore arm and really tired for a couple of days but not much else.

Astra,felt a bit like mild hangover for couple of days,no alcohol consumed though.

Had Moderna yesterday. Arm aches today and I feel tired but no other side effects so far..

Just a thought.

Is the poll for the 1st jab only or either 1st or 2nd. Had no side effects after my 2nd one so wondering if I should vote again?

Cheers Tom

Back