2018 FIFA World Cup.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical Germans...40 seconds to go. They're going to win it now, aren't they?

To put things in perspective, their tired, aged and basically shagged out team might now get into the "round of 16".

In the WC draw thingy at work I got Croatia. They looked pretty good in the game I watched them play, despite their "itchy-ness". Very neat and tidy footballers, for decades, they are. Serbia a little less so.

However did Tito manage to keep these factions together for so long?

Look back at past tournaments where the Germans do the bare minimum to get through the group but get stronger through the knockouts. They very rarely waste energy to humiliate anyone (apart from Brazil last time, which was hilarious).
Admittedly their defence this tournament is somewhat less solid than usual.

Team news from BBC.

eeeeeeee.jpg

Brilliant first half even though the opposition were poor nice to see a couple of WC records broken let's hope we can play as well in the next game.

Haha, not scottish are you :laugh8:

Not Scottish, just trying to keep my feet on the ground, don't think either of the 2 teams we have faced were quality opponents, lets see how we perform against Belgium "Better Opponents" before getting carried away.

Last edited:
Shame we didn’t keep a clean sheet, I think we may be vulnerable at the back. But we look great going forward, the best I’ve ever witnessed. So refreshing to see how them young lads handled the foul play also.

Shame we didn’t keep a clean sheet, I think we may be vulnerable at the back. But we look great going forward, the best I’ve ever witnessed. So refreshing to see how them young lads handled the foul play also.
I reckon Southgate is aware of our defensive failures and we might see a slight change of shape against the “big teams” - either Cahill in for Maguire/Walker or Dier in midfield (either as one of 2 holding players alongside Henderson or with Henderson playing further forward).

You have played two low ranking teams,
Wait until you play a decent team,
The holes will show up then,
It’s been an easy group for them tbh

Do i detect you are not an England supporter?

You are right we haven't played the big name teams but so haven't a lot of other teams and a lot of the ones expected to be giving others a good hiding haven't, i am looking forward to our next game something i haven't said about England in a long time.

Wait until you play a decent team,
The holes will show up then,
It’s been an easy group for them tbh
How have your team been doing at this Word Cup?

I don’t think there’s a single team that, based on how they’ve played so far, is an absolute must avoid in the knock out rounds. With the uncertainty caused by Germany’s group going against seeding I think it’s just a case of keep playing well, and see where it goes. I’m pleasantly surprised by England’s approach and style in the first two games, but bigger tests to come as others have mentioned.

How have your team been doing at this Word Cup?
They are not, the difference is we know we are rubbish,
England have plated two minor teams and the media and fans are acting like they have won the cup,
Good luck to them but I really don’t think they will win,
It’s good to watch though:hat:

I don't think the current England team are anything special, however I haven't seen anything from any of the other BIG nations that suggests domination (watching Spain at the moment). England will make it to the quarters or maybe even semis then suffer a plucky defeat.

I don't think the current England team are anything special, however I haven't seen anything from any of the other BIG nations that suggests domination (watching Spain at the moment). England will make it to the quarters or maybe even semis then suffer a plucky defeat.
We’ve had teams of “special” individuals before and we’ve won SFA with them. Now it looks like we are playing a proper system and picking the players to suit it. I’m not saying we will win it at all, but I think we’ve got a better chance like this than we ever did shoehorning Scholes into the left wing and forcing Lampard and Gerrard to play CM together!

They are not, the difference is we know we are rubbish,
England have plated two minor teams and the media and fans are acting like they have won the cup,

We have played a couple of also rans but we have beaten them by more goals than we have ever scored before in a WC game and Kane got an hatrick and could win the golden boot if we stay in long enough and he keeps scoring, I am not surprised the fans are celebrating.

We have played a couple of also rans but we have beaten them by more goals than we have ever scored before in a WC game and Kane got an hatrick and could win the golden boot if we stay in long enough and he keeps scoring, I am not surprised the fans are celebrating.
As I said
England have not been tested at all, Panama was like playing a youth team, Tunisia was a let off, they didn’t play convincingly at all,
I just think everyone is hyped up by the big win,
Anyway good luck to them,
I’ve got Portugal to win but after tonight’s referee....

Thanks for repeating everything you said in your last post, why wouldn't everyone be hyped up by the BIG win it was just that!

Would you like a little sugar to put on your sour grapes? ;)

Latest posts

Back