Any body received one of these or is it a scam

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

Staff member
Reaction score
The HomeBrew Forum
the baron, Inkbird started a new conversation with you at The HomeBrew Forum.

Would you be interested in testing Inkbird ITC-308 temperature controller?

Hi,
Good day!
We would like to invite you to test Inkbird ITC-308 temperature controller, which can control a heating &cooling device, the probe is waterproof. Temperature control range is -50~99 °C / -58~210 ° F.
Would you be interested?
If you trust us, could you please place an order on: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E74TEPG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 ?
Because this product page need some reviews.
If the product is good and want to write review, the review will have 'Verified Purchase'.
We will refund the payment via Paypal once receive order number and PP account.
Is it acceptable?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Regards.
View This Conversation View All Your Conversations
Please do not reply to this email. You must visit The HomeBrew Forum to reply.

This message was sent to you from The HomeBrew Forum because your preferences are set to receive email when a new conversation message is received.

To stop receiving email, please edit your contact preferences.
Sorry if this is real but can not be too careful nowadays

It's not a scam. Inkbird is a forum sponsor (I think!) and sometimes has offers,promotions and competitions with their products.
I've got 3 inkbird 308 (!) plus the BBQ thermometer...all great products! They make temp control and monitoring a doddle!

I haven't had one.
A couple of things seem odd...
First, the English/Grammar seems to be written by someone possibly from Asia.
Second, they want money upfront and will then refund if you leave a review. Would Inkbird just donate one of these devices for review, they regularly run give away events.

This may be above board but as you say these days you cannot be too careful where money changes hands and personal details are involved.

I haven't had one.
A couple of things seem odd...
First, the English/Grammar seems to be written by someone possibly from Asia.
Second, they want money upfront and will then refund if you leave a review. Would Inkbird just donate one of these devices for review, they regularly run give away events.

This may be above board but as you say these days you cannot be too careful where money changes hands and personal details are involved.
Thats what alerted me Mavroz the grammar is poor and the money upfront. I know inkbird is a sponsor but the grammar seems poor and done by somebody who as not a good grasp of english

Thats what alerted me Mavroz the grammar is poor and the money upfront. I know inkbird is a sponsor but the grammar seems poor and done by somebody who as not a good grasp of english

I think inkbird are based in Asia and tbh, whenever they do giveaways etc, the grammer on the posts is never brilliant. Not sure about the money up front though

Last edited:
At the end of the day you can always PM inkbird or if I tag him into this thread he'll hopefully visit soon and answer for himself @Inkbird

Edit. Looking at his profile he was here this morning so I dont think it'll take him long for another visit

The gist of it is....you buy it on Amazon,his outlet,you test it and if you like it you give a favourable review. You can only give reviews from a verified purchase,you give favourable review,he gives you a refund ..you get free inky.
Like Beckham getting free underpants....

Thanks Chaps lets hope its not a scam cos it sounds a good way to get a free one

To check...he should be on the forum user list....drop him a PM to confirm.
I have in the past received similar messages to test product I had no use for so declined. He responded politely.
Oops didn't see Myquls post!

He is Chinese I think. I won three devices..all delivered and working no probs!
This. They are one of the best sponsors on the forum. I won an Inkbird, and was sent a funky pair of light up specs as well!

Ruddy heck Myqul! Tell everyone! Saying that I wouldn't mind looking half as spectacular....
Or just get some tight trolleys and bung a pair of socks down the front!

Inkbird is a forum sponsor and if anyone wants to message him or read his previous offer threads or contact him they can find him in the sponsor forum.

Inkbird cannot mass message or email forum members so I assume he is choosing members he has had faverable dealings with in the past you have received an email as you have allowed it in your settings other members who have it disabled will only receive a private message here in the forum.

Latest posts

Back