Anyone here bought bitcoin?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not surprised. One Bitcoin cost just over £200 in April 2014 and peeked at a little under £50k at the end of last year!
Yeap but it just sounded crazy to me back then. Still does in all fairness. I know one guy who bought a few and sold at the 2018 peak and bought himself a house and brand new Merc. I bet he's ****** off he didn't hold them for a few more years 😂

He is doing a study into how many homebrewers get into digital currencies particularly bitcoin.
Because it will up in a stupid pointless argument - Im not interested in opinion, only facts - cant be simpler than that. Obviously one poster doesn't get it

Fortunately for message board participation everywhere, these threads do tend to veer off into "discussion" as they progress.

Why are you asking if you don’t want people’s opinion?!
Exactly. The OP might just as well have opened a poll and had done with it.
About the daftest thread I've seen to date. What's use is a list of yes, no, yes, yes, no. To anyone?
OP might at least have said why he's interested.

About the daftest thread I've seen to date. What's use is a list of yes, no, yes, yes, no. To anyone?
Easier to know which ones to hack.

××× ONLY JOKING ×××

I find it barmy that something that doesn't actually exist and was simply a notion in someone's head could cost so much. People are literally swapping actual money for nonexistent money. Crazy.

But I wish I had of bought some of that nonexistent money when it was only a quid...of course.

I find it barmy that something that doesn't actually exist and was simply a notion in someone's head could cost so much. People are literally swapping actual money for nonexistent money. Crazy.

But I wish I had of bought some of that nonexistent money when it was only a quid...of course.
That's largely what money is. That wobbly bit of cotton/polymer in your pocket isn't intrinsically worth anything, yet it has the value to you (and those who are willing to swap it for something).

I see cryptocurrencies as like the Tulip Bubble in the middle ages: Tulip mania - Wikipedia

Yeah but you can buy things with actual money. Don't recall going into a pub and seeing people getting pints for Bitcoins. Or anywhere for that matter.

The fluctuation in its exchange rate is insane. No wonder criminals use it.

Yeah but you can buy things with actual money. Don't recall going into a pub and seeing people getting pints for Bitcoins. Or anywhere for that matter.

The fluctuation in its exchange rate is insane. No wonder criminals use it.
Its slowly being adopted. McDonald's now accept it in some countries. Whole countries now converting to it as their currency. FIAT currency is becoming worthless. 44% of the top 100 companies now adopted blockchain.

So why did you reply if you think its so daft? Do you live in an echo chamber - You really cant help yourself by diving in
and giving everyone your opinion -.....Im sure you will be back soon with more Gallic nonsense -

So why did you reply if you think its so daft? Do you live in an echo chamber - You really cant help yourself by diving in
and giving everyone your opinion -.....Im sure you will be back soon with more Gallic nonsense -
Not wishing to disappoint, and as you explicitly ask, you invited replies. The difficulty is that you don't appear to have a good command of the language. The answer is not in the question. If it were then no answers would be required. I haven't given an opinion on bitcoin or on whether buying bitcoin is or is not a good idea. I gave an opinion on the thread, but as you followed by giving an opinion on my response, I presume we've moved sufficiently away from the object of your no opinions request for these to be ligit or do you make up the rules as you go along?
Your reference to gallic nonsense is racist. Is it nonsense because it's gallic or do you think I'm gallic and therefore spout nonsense? I wonder what THBF thinks of that. I'll ask her.
Anyway, we have had some interesting opinions and anecdotes so it wasn't all wasted. Congratulations.

Latest posts

Back