- Wordle -

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a good idea to start with a word that has the most vowels in it.
That is one way of starting and saying that's what you do isn't a spoiler, giving a word you have used with your solution is, imho. I'm with @Tess Tickle on this one.
My secret weapon is using a word that I have woken up thinking at 3am! I play wordle and I'm addicted...

That is one way of starting and saying that's what you do isn't a spoiler, giving a word you have used with your solution is

Its fairly obvious some use a word with as many vowels some don't as the first guess, this was posted days ago and hasn't been repeated its just a word game no one else complained time to let it go. .

Last edited:
My scientifically proven method (borne from minutes of research) is to use the first, five-letter word that pops into my mind and that the game will accept as a word, sometimes the sillier the better.
I don't like to take it too seriously, treat it like a chess match that has money on the line.

Very very slight spoiler below.
It's late enough in the day I hope to say... aghhh friggin' American English spelling again!!!!

If I were going to give a spoiler, I would do it like this.

I can read what yours says Dave but Annas is fully hidden.

If members want to use the forum spoiler simply click on the three dots to the right of the smilie face option and choose spoiler.

Last edited:
TBH i doubt there will be many players that haven't sussed its a good idea to start with a word that has the most vowels in it.

That's cos it's not - it deprives you of one of your limited chances to try one of the letters with a very skewed distribution in its "favourite" place in a 5-letter word, and getting green letters really reduces the list of possible "targets". Don't think just in terms of line 1, you're not going to be getting it in 2 lines anyway, and it's been calculated that on average even with "perfect" play, the average is 3.5 lines or so. So in golf terms, think of 4 lines as "par", and 3 is a "birdie".

[mild spoilers]
For instance Y is a fairly common letter that is almost always in position 5, there's a better than 50/50 chance that if an S is present, it will be in position 1, C and B also prefer first place, E tends to be towards the end of the word whereas the other vowels tend to be in positions 2 & 3. And so on.

Whereas you're going to be using vowels in all your lines, and eg U is less common than five consonants. So you're better off using the high-frequency consonants and ideally trying them in their "favourite" positions - in order of frequency the letters go E,A,R,O,T,L,I,S,N,U,C,Y,H,D,P,G,M,B,F,K,W,V,X,Z,Q,J

So for instance, the (brewing-appropriate!!) CRATE and SHINY are a great pair to start with that gives you lots of potential (23% in fact) for a green square with letters that are all in the top 13, and following up with something like MOULD would give you the O,L and U missing from the top 10 most frequent.

Whereas ADIEU has just over half the probability of getting a green square compared to either CRATE or SHINY, and is also 13% less likely to get a yellow square than CRATE. There are a couple of slightly better pairs than CRATE and SHINY but I leave those for people to find!!!

So if you just want to see my brewing-related word suggestions, without the slightly spoilery reasons why I chose them :
CRATE and SHINY

Wordle 235 3/6
Wife and I in a joint operation--it would be obvious to me that two people have at least a slight advantage.
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
In my defence ... mine was only very very slightly spoilery
I thought you had smeared them for comic effect or something like that. I spent five minutes trying to find out how to do it. I can cross words out but that's as fancy as it gets.

Latest posts

Back