Basic compared to some but I got a keg. Any tips would be appreciated

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Federalman

Reaction score
Only just started home brewing and I currently have my first brewing away (hopefully). The other got me a started kit for Christmas and it came with a coopers ale kit I'm looking to jazz up so I got myself a St. Peter’s cream stout kit. Before getting all my kit I had spotted kegs on eBay and started a little research into them and thought about getting one and the equipment. Well as it turned out I already had equipment so I got the keg. Really chuffed with it and looking forward to getting beer in it.
So any tips on carbonating a stout and ale that you have would be grand

Hi there, sorry to jump on your thread but I’m pretty similar position to you. Had a starter kit Christmas with a bitter currently brewing. Purchased a refurbed corney keg...then two more arrived today off a well known auction site (not sure on the rules here yet!)

I have a soda stream bottle which I was going to use but now thinking of other options. If sticking with the one keg this might work well for you. A regulator is about £25.

good luck with it all.

Hi Federalman and Phil1986 could you clarify if you are talking regards Corny kegs or are they brewers kegs that beer is delivered to the pub in as talking re cornies is no problem as is Ebay purchase but Kegs from Pubs are generally stolen and re-sold which they still belong to the pubs and there is a thing called kegwatch which will chase people to recover the stolen ones. If they have been acquired in a legal manner that is not a problem but you do need to know where they came from by asking the seller how the got them?

Latest posts

Back