Bevie and Keg King Distributing Partnership.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have thought Bevie would want their stock in the Homebrew Stores by Xmas so a bit surprised that we have not seen any yet if they have stock in the UK.
Although I use KK fermenters I think my next one may be a Kegland only due to the availability of spares.

Any updates on availability of Apollos in the UK?
I don't know what has happened to the first shipment but a second shipment was being loaded into a 40 foot container a couple of weeks ago. Stock has definitely been sitting in a ware house somewhere in the UK. The webinar took place between Bevie and retailers a couple of weeks ago.

I’ve just had a quick Google, the image it bought up was surprising.

The aperture for the yeast collection is way to small, it could be problematic I believe.

Are they cheaper that the Kegland range?

Last edited:
I’ve just had a quick Google, the image it bought up was surprising.

The aperture for the yeast collection is way to small, it will be problematic I believe.

Are they cheaper that the Kegland range?
The opening is the same size as on the Fermentasaurus and when I had mine I didn’t have any problems. The bigger opening on my Fermzilla is better though.

KK try to market themselves as being “better” than KL so I assume they’ll be slightly more expensive

Its the Apollo fermenter not the Unitank i have . Its there equivalent to the Allrounder basically yes more expensive but I have both and would say its better quality and it would say the yeast and trub settle better in the conical bottom. It is earlier days with it though.

Its the Apollo fermenter not the Unitank i have . Its there equivalent to the Allrounder basically yes more expensive but I have both and would say its better quality and it would say the yeast and trub settle better in the conical bottom. It is earlier days with it though.
There is more than one type of Apollo , you were talking about the snub-nosed version.
There is also the unit tank type.View attachment 77239

A benefit of KK and KegLand down under is the competitive pricing, far cheaper that other known brands.

If the Bevie partnership sharply increases the cost of KK even with shipping factored, they may not be viable to purchase

The valve should be open from the start of fermentation and the vessel is conical so the yeast sells will fall to the bottom and into the collection jar .
Sure, but when you remove the jar and refit it has the to potential block up like the one above, unlike the Kegland versions.

Sure, but when you remove the jar and refit it has the to potential block up like the one above, unlike the Kegland versions.
By the way I'm not anti Kegland, I use a kegland fermzilla myself.
The only issue I can is see with the Apollo collection jar is it doesn't have the facility for purging with CO2 !

Last edited:
Think this maybe KK stuff brought in thru Blichmann via USA . I happened to contact Bevie yesterday and got a reply this morning say no date for the products to be released. .
That sounds quite likely because Brew U.K. we’re advertising Anvil branded Chubbys a couple of months back.

Latest posts

Back