December Competition, British Pales, Bitters and Milds

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan125

BIAB brewer
Reaction score
With December nearly upon us I thought I should kick off a thread for the monthly comp, which I'm down to judge - this time its our native delicacies - British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds.
The comp is of course open to all kit, extract & AG beers that fit these styles.
Have been looking forward to this since putting my name down, but wanted to gauge interest as I know there's also the secret santa swap happening next month - so please let me know if you'll have a beer ready that you'd like to enter.
acheers.

Yep, I should have a mild ready, subject to a tasting in a few weeks. Will PM for details.

I might have some best bitter left over from a couple months ago, if so I'll send some in.

When do you need the entries in by? I’ll be bottling an EKG pale next weekend so it’ll be carbed around the time the post goes weird for Christmas

As we're well into December I thought it was time to give the thread a little nudge.
I know there must be loads of you with some good British ales on the go for Chrimbo, so send em in to see how they compare to your fellow forumites (in my unqualified opinion only :laugh8: but full feedback will of course be given)
PM me for the delivery address to send your entries to.
:cheers3:

Looks like the first of the entries are on there way athumb.. still plenty of time to get your entries in folks

Could you pm your address and I will try and get one in the post. Is it one entry per person or could I send 2? Cheers

Have posted 2 different bottles today, I’ve never done any labels before so written the details on a bit of paper and stuck it to the bottle so nothing fancy!

Have posted 2 different bottles today, I’ve never done any labels before so written the details on a bit of paper and stuck it to the bottle so nothing fancy!
Nice one athumb..
Don't worry about the labels - there's no extra points for fancy labels:cheers3:

I'm going to have to bow out, as the ESB I was going to send has turned out a bit pantaloons.
No worries @jjsh - I saw you were having some problems with it clearing. There's only a few points for appearance if its just a visual thing??

Latest posts

Back