DiY wort chiller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren Jeory

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone made their own wort chiller?

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of the correct copper pipe to buy so I don't waste my money.

Thanks

I bought the 10mm coil from Wickes..I think! I rolled it round a heavy duty 6" cardboard core we have in work. The hardest bit was not creasing the tails as you put the bends in. Mine is a terrible looking thing but works ok. I fixed short lengths of hose with jubilee clips to the tails then added some hose pipe disconnects,I then made two longer pipes,one with a tap attachment and connectors. It's easier to manage and on brew day I run the pipes across the kitchen to the sink so I don't have to move my kettle off the cooker.

I bought the 10mm coil from Wickes..I think! I rolled it round a heavy duty 6" cardboard core we have in work. The hardest bit was not creasing the tails as you put the bends in. Mine is a terrible looking thing but works ok. I fixed short lengths of hose with jubilee clips to the tails then added some hose pipe disconnects,I then made two longer pipes,one with a tap attachment and connectors. It's easier to manage and on brew day I run the pipes across the kitchen to the sink so I don't have to move my kettle off the cooker.
I'm planning on putting the coil in an ice bath and then running the wort through it so I don't have to connect to water supply (won't connect to my kitchen tap). Does anyone do that?

I’m halfway through making one,, I used a paint tin. I also bought a mixer tap fitting
9E1CE434-F5B6-499B-B662-00A22EE35977.jpeg
472E8F45-E817-41F1-B25D-CE523FEC435D.jpeg
6C32ED86-ABCE-440A-8C58-424F5522B285.jpeg

Latest posts

Back