Get your Hobgoblin whilst you can

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a shame when this happens but to be honest its been a long time since i asked SWMBO to get one of their beers when i give her my list for the weekend.

Have they given a reason?

:confused.:

1694632441374.jpeg

Interesting...I can no longer taste the NS in it and I had a pint on Sunday which was bland.
Years ago I emailed Wychwood after a recipe and was told the original has NS and that I should use NS and that the current (then) didn't as it was too expensive (for Marstons probably). Perhaps they put it back in.

Always a shame when a brewery folds, but I've personally always found their beer *****. Gold was decent back in the day.

To be honest after they got taken over by Marston's I'd assumed they just brewed it wherever but I guess if you take something like that over it makes sense to keep the facilities as well.

Hobgoblin is ruined anyway, I remember having a few pints of it not long after moving to Tewkesbury after I left Uni in the nineties, it was 6.5% out of the cask and you certainly knew about it after a couple. Tasted amazing, much like this description on Wikipedia: "full bodied and well balanced with a chocolate toffee malt flavour, moderate bitterness and a distinctive fruity character with a ruby red glow"

Nothing like that now ☹️

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wychw...ing as Scarecrow-,Hobgoblin,as a "Ruby beer".

Latest posts

Back