Happy Solstice All

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Reaction score
82D06C1C-B287-40B8-AC7D-60249C90006D.jpeg

6000 people at Stonehenge this morning plus loads at Glastonbury and stone circle sites.

Not been to Stonehenge for a few years, hopefully they had a good sunrise.
Been a few times and only had one proper cloud/drizzle free dawn.
Last time I went to see in solstice was at the Rollright stones - nearer and less crowded.

Indeed.
Regret not having made it to Carnac to greet the dawn in my druidic boxer shorts and flip-flops. Maybe next year.
The nights will be drawing in now. Soon be Christmas. 🌲🌲🌲🌲
Happy Litha one and all.

Last edited:
went to the Rollright stones, older and less crowded and far less idiots

Indeed.
Regret not having made it to Carnac to greet the dawn in my druidic boxer shorts and flip-flops. Maybe next
year.
The nights will be drawing in now. Soon be Christmas. 🌲🌲🌲🌲
Happy Litha one and all.
We camped near the stones at Lake Moriban in 1987 and went to see the stones not Jaggers lot saw them in 1971.

Saw from my daugghter's Facebook page that she went there on a whim last night. Sure did look like a lot of people. Somebody asked if she had to pay to go in. Apparently there was no charge to go in to the area of the stones, but a £15 car park fee. Ker-ching.
1655845896837.png

Was winter solstice here yesterday. -2 degs this morning and my daughter suffered mild hypothermia doing road crossing patrol at her primary school (she refuses to wear anything other than shorts).

It's not all bad though. Easy to chill wort with cold ground water, and beer stored in the garage is perfect drinking temp... 🙂

Latest posts

Back