Help please fermzilla all-rounder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Roberts

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm trying to keg my brew but nothing going through the transfer.

I've check the pressure is lower in keg Vs fv, blown co2 through the floating diptube and also tried pushing the beer through with co2 it's not moving .

Any suggestions. It's at room temp

From your Q I'm assuming you're doing a pressure transfer?
As you're pushing beer from the fermenter into the keg under pressure , you need some way to let the gas/air inside the keg vent as the beer displaces it. This is the job of a spunding valve if you have one attached to the gas port of your keg. You want it set lower than the pressure you're pushing into the All-Rounder and it should all be good.

IMG_5031.JPG

Yes, pressure transfer. I attached my spunding valve to the keg and released the pressure, nothing is moving. Even emptied he pressure from keg. I n past I've had excellent flow using the spunding valve on keg .

I attached a party tap to see if I could draw sample of liquid off and nothing coming out.

I blew co2 down the beer line to clear any debris out but still not movement on the beer from fv to keg

@Vinylwasp could he also connect the keg gas to the gas in of the FV ? But agree that he needs to drop pressure from the keg (as above)
No, you can't see it but off camera I have my Co2 bottle connected to the gas port of the All-Rounder. I typically use 10 PSI (I usually pressure ferment at 10-12 final), and then have the spunding valve on the keg set at 5psi to give a 5psi differential. This pushes the beer nicely through the transfer line. Note that I reduce this down to 3/16 to give a nice slow transfer.

Yes, pressure transfer. I attached my spunding valve to the keg and released the pressure, nothing is moving. Even emptied he pressure from keg. I n past I've had excellent flow using the spunding valve on keg .

I attached a party tap to see if I could draw sample of liquid off and nothing coming out.

I blew co2 down the beer line to clear any debris out but still not movement on the beer from fv to keg
So your're connecting the transfer line to the beer post on the keg and the spunding valve to the gas post?

If you have the pressures right it sounds like there's a blockage somewhere between the input (floating dip tube in all-rounder I assume) and the exit inside the keg.

Put the party tap on the AllRounder beer post and see if you have flow from the floating dip tube to the post.
Then disconnect your transfer line at one end and check the Ball Lock connector by connecting it to the AllRounder beer post too, then flip it around and check the other connector. Assuming you can see that the line is clear that only leaves the keg ball lock post and the dip tube in the keg.

Pressure in your all rounder is 10 psi I think you have confirmed above.
If no beer comes up the liquid transfer line or party tap with pressure in your all rounder then suggests issue at the liquid post.
Make sure the central bit of liquid post can be depressed, push it down with a Phillips screwdriver or Allen key.
If this okay then fill the liquid transfer line with sterile water, then force this into the all rounder using gas pressure into that liquid line connected to liquid post.
This may be more effective at flushing the post of an obstruction.
Having your donor vessel higher than receiving keg also helps and you can bump the psi up in the all rounder to 25 psi to get things going then let it fall and maintain at your original 10 psi.
There is no need to use a spunding valve if you have height difference as above, once transfer starts and pressure is rising to near original psi then connect gas to gas.
No need to drive the transfer with supplied CO2 or waste it out of a spunding valve.

I was having the same or very similar problem today.
Beer was flowing but much slower than usual (I mean extremely slow).
I have found that not all brands of disconnects and posts r equal.
Sometimes valve won't fully open.
I had a different brand on each end of my beer line so I disconnected, reversed ends and the flow was normal.
I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back