Malt Miller Order

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davy6Mac

Reaction score
Now I know all online homebrewing outlets are really busy, have tried for the last 4/5 working days to place an order for some grains etc, I have followed all the instructions as stated on there website, but it doesn't allow me to move items from my wish list into the basket which would then enable me to place the order when the window of opportunity arises(3-4pm).
Anybody else had this problem because I would like to place the order because of the quality of their products, it's annoying.
Not sure if I have posted this in the right place

When I got mine, the items were in stock during the day when I put them in the basket.
Maybe the things you are trying to buy are actually out of stock altogether? (ie only able to put on wishlist, not into basket) I noticed that, for example, Crisp Pale Malt 25kg was out of stock, but Crisp Clear Choice Pale Malt 25kg was in stock (so obvs I bought the latter). Then when the window opened up at 3 PM it was a simple case of checking out.

I recommend The Homebrew company. I ordered a 25kg bag of malt and it was delivered in 3 days from Ireland. Been waiting a month for an order from Plymouth!

I have had no problem with MM ordered around 3.30 delivered within 48 hours.

MM ordered yesterday.. delivery tomorrow...the malt window only seemed to be definitely less than half hour...which I missed as the web site was very slow...in the window.

I usually use MM, but the malt window puts me off, everytime I look they are not taking malt orders.

I wonder if "malt window" will be in the new Oxford Dictionary...
Malt Window...adjective?...an opening in a web shop that enabled,in 2020,homebrewers to purchase malted grains for the purpose of brewing beer.

I've switched to GetErBreweb big thumbs up excellent service and fast delivery. I would highly recommend them
They’ve changed to DPD from Parcelfarce now which is a big advantage. I was seriously thinking of switching my main supplier before lockdown because PF are so bad.

Oh I might have to look at GetErBrewed again if they're using DPD. I can (grudgingly, but doable) , pay £12 for shipping to the Highlands (MM charges the same, and they're pretty worth it!) , but it used to be £20+ on Parcelforce from GetERBrewed which rendered them useless.

That said, I put a big order into MM right before lockdown as I knew it was coming, so I'm not needing anything at the moment. And can't justify spending anything anyways with hubby on furlough.

I ordered from MM on Tues. They allowed you to put everything inc grain into your basket but only non-grain orders could checkout outside the window. So I waited until the 3pm-ish announcement and checked out my basket, seemed pretty smooth although the website was obviously under strain.

I switch between MM and The Homebrew Company for orders, was put off the latter this time because free postage seems to have been withdrawn and some prices has risen significantly e.g. spraymalt had gone up by 40% since my last order in Jan.

IMG_20200528_143616.jpg

Just arrived...bang on time.
Can't fault MM!

Looks like you will be busy!!, thanks for the information earlier today managed to place my order about ten minutes after you said they were taking orders

Latest posts

Back